Viewing my posts gives a SQL error

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
morat

Viewing my posts gives a SQL error

Post by morat »

I get a SQL error when I click the "View your posts" and "Show your posts" and "Search user’s posts" links in Chrome and Firefox.

I tried clearing my history in both browsers. Is there a workaround?

View your posts
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... =egosearch

Show your posts
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 5&sr=posts (morat)

Search user’s posts
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 3&sr=posts (DanRaisch)

I tried searching for another user in a particular thread. That's gives a SQL error as well.

Search for dorando in keyconfig thread
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... or=dorando

* View your posts
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'mozine_forums.p.post_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
* User Control Panel > Show your posts
* Viewing profile - DanRaisch > Search user’s posts
* Search for dorando in keyconfig thread
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'mozine_forums.p.post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
LIMPET235

Re: Viewing my posts gives a SQL error

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi morat,
I just logged in, loaded my normal pages & then tried to "View your posts" & struck the same error message.

Posted my Q? in the Mods forum.

Tried with 2 different versions as well. No luck with either.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

(I'll just "me too". egosearch is currently broken.
And with an ego like I have, I kind of feel broken ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Seems to me not more than a week or so ago there was some form of announcement for SQL changes, could be related.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I summitted a support request to OSL Labs about ego search failing
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

tanstaafl wrote:I summitted a support request to OSL Labs about ego search failing
is OSL upgrading there MYSQL ? if so will that affect this forum software?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

They upgraded their MySQL cluster to 5.7 earlier in the week, which enabled some stricter query checking. The problem is we are using phpbb 3.0.12 (pretty old) and we need to be at least phpbb 3.1.10 for MySQL 5.7 compatibility. Their first attempted solution was a hotfix patch which worked for them, but not me when I tested it.

I suggested that perhaps it was time for me to buy a domain and then submit a proposal to fork the web site. The OSL Director replied that "We'll try and come up with a short term solution for this site and then consider what we can do longer term. The user base is still pretty active it seems so it seems important that we try and keep things going."
therube

Post by therube »

(Oh, OpenSSL. In that regard, OpenSSL Releases Security Update.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

I am completely blind because of this. I forgot to copy the solution for displaying the bookmarks toolbar in versions > 90. So, I must ask again.
Which preference is needed to be added to about:config, since this is a valid user added preference.
My current version is Windows 10, Firefox 92.0.
The bookmarks are visible and accessible with Ctrl+h, but I need to see them on the bookmarks toolbar. Please help.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

morat wrote:Is there a workaround?
Yep.

SOLUTION

1. Click on 'Boards(Advanced)' under Search on right hand side of a MozillaZine page.

2. Enter * in 'Search for keywords:' box.

3. Select 'Search for any terms' radio button.

4. Enter desired username in 'Search for author:' box. ( the user 'dorando' is used in examples.)

5. Hit Enter and and the most recent 15 posts will appear. Bookmark page, if you want to. Page 2 onwards of this solution will fail.

FULL SOLUTION

1. As above, but in Step 2 enter this instead +*

2. All posts are shown and you're done.

3. You will note that when using this full solution that all the words are highlighted by the forum software.

You can tone this right down by putting this in your userContent.css -

Code: Select all

/*Franks Temp Tone Down of MozZ forum highlight.....*/
.posthilit {
	background-color: transparent !important;
	color: #252525 !important; }
FULL SOLUTION (SELECTIVE)

As above, but enter forum of choice in 'Search options > Search in forums:' box.

For example, the user dorando has made a total of 47 posts in the Firefox General Forum.

Frank :)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thank you, Frank. Very helpful!
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Much much thanks, Frank. You are one of the many true Mozillians on Mount Mozilla, like Olympians on Mount Olympus.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
morat

Post by morat »

I added the fix to my mozillazine user script.

Code: Select all

// view your posts workaround, see thread 3078542
var link = document.querySelector('a[href^="./search.php?search_id=egosearch"]');
if (link) {
  link.setAttribute("href", "./search.php?keywords=*&terms=any&author=morat&start=0");
}
If I wish to go to page 2, then I manually change the 0 to 15 in the urlbar.

Thanks, Frank.

:D

Edit:

View your posts workaround - Pages 1, 2 and 3
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... at&start=0
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... t&start=15
http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... t&start=30
Last edited by morat on September 26th, 2021, 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Thanks, guys.
morat wrote:If I wish to go to page 2, then I manually change the 0 to 15 in the urlbar.
Just in case it wasn't that clear, it's only the FULL SOLUTION above that gives ready access to ALL a user's posts, i.e. 4668 in your case -

http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... start=4665

The first 'SOLUTION' is really just for people who need no more than the 15 most recent posts.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
zlloyd1

Post by zlloyd1 »

tanstaafl wrote:They upgraded their MySQL cluster to 5.7 earlier in the week, which enabled some stricter query checking. The problem is we are using phpbb 3.0.12 (pretty old) and we need to be at least phpbb 3.1.10 for MySQL 5.7 compatibility. Their first attempted solution was a hotfix patch which worked for them, but not me when I tested it.

I suggested that perhaps it was time for me to buy a domain and then submit a proposal to fork the web site. The OSL Director replied that "We'll try and come up with a short term solution for this site and then consider what we can do longer term. The user base is still pretty active it seems so it seems important that we try and keep things going."
I am sorry, but not being a computer programmer, this is all gibberish to me honestly.... =;
Still, this problem seems to still be in the mix, and it is now halfway through September. As this is an older thread concerning the same issue, I am wondering if there is TRULY a fix in the works, or if that is just something the moderators here type in to create the illusion of something being worked out??

Also, for the life of me I cannot figure to how to add an image into a post here. I click img in the toolbar above, but all it does is put two little boxes that are the letters img inside of brackets, and no means of retrieving an actual image file?? :?: :?:
I tried dragging the screenshot into the brackets, but that did nothing, and I have seen other posts here that do have links / images in them, so what am I doing wrong here Please, because I almost feel like I have to be a Rocket Scientist / Nuclear Physicist to figure out this website?? ](*,) :-X ](*,)