[COMPLETE] Knowledge Base Upgrade - November 28th 2022

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Snake4

Re: [COMPLETE] Knowledge Base Upgrade - November 28th 2022

Post by Snake4 »

might wanna Lock this Thread now that we know about the forum upgrade
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Why? They are updating the forum not the KB
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

malliz wrote:Why? They are updating the forum not the KB
so why keep this opened for spammers , the KB has already been updated, why keep it opened
veremitz

Post by veremitz »

Kinda concerned that the KB is doomed to bit-rot if there aren't any/enough editors, and new accounts are essentially blocked/forbidden. Is there a strategy for the KB, or is mozillazine fairly happy for it to die?

There is a lot of useful information still stored in the KB wiki (like most wikis, in fact) but it is prone to getting out-of-date Fast. I used to co-edit pages on the Gentoo Linux Wiki .. which continues to be a leading resource on many Linux matters (alongside, eg. Arch wiki). Surely, the whole point of a reasonably-open wiki with reasonable moderation/approval is that it mostly self-manages .. and there isn't a lot of effort from any one individual / organisation to keep it relevant.

I was hoping to register myself, so that I could add some comments in the Discussion pages (as is protocol for Gentoo) so that I might (or others) update the page on Tags which I recently found, which has about 5-10 dead links to obsolete Add-Ons. That said, the advice about sorting by Tags, and adding tags to Toolbars, is very much still applicable today.

Thoughts, please?!