Archived Moderation Requests (Vol XXIX)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Frank Lion

Re: Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Post by Frank Lion »

viewtopic.php?p=7867435#p7867435

Commercial or non-commercial, how about we don't have this sig stuff on stickies at the top of a forum? Especially when posted using Google Chrome.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Various folks.

The signature is considered legit. There is no way to have it show only in some posts.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Frank,
I'm the one who confirmed the link. I know Alex and am a member of the forum that the link goes to. It is not commercial. It's a forum, using phpBB, for computer business owners. It's very restrictive about who can join. You have to prove you are a legitimate business. It's a very good resource for us business owners and it's completely free. Note: I am not trying to advertise it here, but since others have questioned the link, I felt the need to explain. The rule applies to commercial links. Do you want us to disallow all links now? Would you remove yours? Yours is just as, if not more, self promotional than Alex's.

Alex is one of the administrators. While I would like to see him post here using Firefox, that topic is in Moz Tech, not any of the Firefox forums. He can use whatever he wants as a browser even if he was in one of the FF forums.
louhorner

Post by louhorner »

stinks!!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Don't feed :wink:
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Daifne wrote: Do you want us to disallow all links now?

What I want is irrelevant. I am just pointing out something that all of us have known for a number of years here now, i.e. that when a brand new user comes here using the same username as their website and posts 'Hey! that sounds great!' type posts in highly visible threads, that there is good reason to believe that the sole reason for doing so is to promote their sites.

Do what you like about it, I am just reporting what I saw.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Platon_

Post by Platon_ »

RAF

Post by RAF »

^ What about it?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Thread locked, first by James and then by me. :)

^It was once colorful. No clue who changed it.
Post wrangler
trolly

Post by trolly »

Me.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Frank Lion wrote:
Daifne wrote: Do you want us to disallow all links now?

What I want is irrelevant. I am just pointing out something that all of us have known for a number of years here now, i.e. that when a brand new user comes here using the same username as their website and posts 'Hey! that sounds great!' type posts in highly visible threads, that there is good reason to believe that the sole reason for doing so is to promote their sites.

Do what you like about it, I am just reporting what I saw.

Understand, and I'm sure that's why it caught LN's attention long before you reported it. It was discussed at that point and resolved. In all honesty, I have suggested that the PCBiz folks come over here for Firefox questions. I kind of want to keep the forums I'm active in separate. I'm sure he was just checking us out. He is impressed with what he saw. Should I send them over to SUMO instead?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Daifne wrote: Should I send them over to SUMO instead?

That would be both cruel and pointless :shock:

Chill out Daif we aren't having a shot just doing what we have done a thousand times :-"
"Terry Pratchett"
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

viewtopic.php?p=7873465#p7873465
First post is attempted spam I think
"Terry Pratchett"