Forums Upgraded - Post Issues Here (2.0.21)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
RAF

Post by RAF »

Do NOT uninstall IE. The system needs it to run correctly for different tasks. Just don't use it anymore. Trying to uninstall IE will end in tears.
JRSellers

Post by JRSellers »

JRSellers wrote:Well, I'd suggest either fixing the EMail Notification Of Replies feature

Guess you fixed it, cuz I'm gettin' ENRs now.
mqwright

thanks!

Post by mqwright »

i take it that if my browser bar suddenly shows internet explorer...that's ok? and when i get security updates from microsoft...do i continue to download and install those??
mlw
JRSellers

Re: thanks!

Post by JRSellers »

mqwright wrote:when i get security updates from microsoft...do i continue to download and install those??

From Windows Update (which requires IE to run)? yes.
From email attachments? HELL NO. These are fakes.
LanaiGuy

Post by LanaiGuy »

I've tried and failed to change my profile email addy and to upload a tiny avatar from my harddrive. All the clicks go through, but when I go back to the profile nothing's changed.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Quick Reply is broken as of this morning. Can someone please make a non-JavaScript way of doing this when they fix it?
peter.reisio

Post by peter.reisio »

Mucho seconded. Might check here before jumping into the code.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Searching old threads (more than a couple of days old) is still broken if you specify "terms". Searching old threads based just on the authors name works fine.

For example, trying finding any old threads that mention "mboxo" or "mboxrd". You'll only find
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... oxo+mboxrd from two days ago.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

You are in the wrong place, but don't delete Internet Explorer. You need it as a backup. Oops that wasn't the last page...but I just used quick reply, so I guess it's fixed. There is one glitch that's been bugging me, though. Sometimes when viewing a post it expands to where it's too wide for the screen, I have to scroll back and forth to read.
makaiguy

Re: date/time format, some other ideas

Post by makaiguy »

dstarfire wrote:What's up with this funky e123weekday... stuff for when a post was made? What does it mean, how do I translate it? aside from the day of the week, it makes no sense at all.

See this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=220876
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
MikeBCda

Post by MikeBCda »

How about adding a "legend" explaining those forum-status symbols (at the far left), as is standard practice on most boards? I finally figured them out for myself, but that "bouncing" (exploding?) one for very active threads stumped me for a while.
My name is Any Key - please don't hit me.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

JRSellers wrote:Well, I'd suggest either fixing the EMail Notification Of Replies feature, or just switch over to vBulletin.

That's why I'm reluctunt to post any issues problems I may have with Firefox and Thunderbird in here...I'm not getting email notifications.

Even without email notifications, just click on the View my Posts link in the upper right of the forum home page. Shouldn't be too hard to find the topic of interest.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

greenknight wrote:There is one glitch that's been bugging me, though. Sometimes when viewing a post it expands to where it's too wide for the screen, I have to scroll back and forth to read.

Please see: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 72#1246572

The one drawback to the above approach is that it disables the abilit to submit a quick reply for that message, but you can still use the [Post Reply] hyperlink at the bottom of the page.
Doug Wilson
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Yeah, I saw that after I posted here. Way too much trouble,decided to just live with the minor annoyance of scrolling back and forth. And I like quick reply, when it was broken I missed it. Thanks anyway.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.
wget

Post by wget »

Oops.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.