Forums Upgraded - Post Issues Here (2.0.21)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Old BushVenom

E-Mail Notification For Replies Stopped Working

Post by Old BushVenom »

For 10 days now, I have not been receiving e-mail notifications for replies posted in Forums, primarily the Firefox Support Forum, where I have answered a question or am watching a thread.

I spend 1-2 hours (on average) per day trying to resolve people's problems with Firefox, and it's extremely frustrating to not know when someone has replied. Attempting to remember which posts I'm involved with is challenging, when people are adding new questions on a rapid basis, and I'm looking for other questions to reply to. Clicking on MozillaZine Forum Index and then clicking on "Check my posts" to see if someone's replied is a very slow and inefficient way to get the job done.

I've checked with my ISP to see if they thought the relatively high volume of mail from "forums @ mozillazine.org" caused their spam blocker to kick in. Not the case. Specifically whitelisted the forums e-mail address with them, and am monitoring what they consider spam. No other problems with my e-mail except this.

Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone know how to fix it?
Pim

Post by Pim »

No problems with that for me.
You could try changing your email address here and see if that works... Or maybe change the "notify me" setting in your profile, submit, and then change it back. (Don't laugh, I've actually seen that work in the past.)
Groetjes, Pim
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Pim wrote:You could try changing your email address here and see if that works...

I just changed my e-mail address in the profile. Will know later today (Friday) if that had any effect. Thanks for the suggestion. If that doesn't work, I'll try your other suggestion... :)
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

I just had a weird thing happen, I hit the back button to return to the list of my posts, after adding a post to a thread therein, and it took me to Kerz's profile. What's up with that?
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b5, Nightly 126.0a1.
old np

Post by old np »

Obviously, it means you are kerz. I bow to you.

I don't know if this has been mentionned, but you can't search for posts by someone with a two-letter username. Try viewing all my posts.
Micha the not so Old

Post by Micha the not so Old »

Obviously you are a figment of our imagination.
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

Either that, or all his posts are actually from the future and have been inaccurately pre-dated....
old np

Post by old np »

My posts are from the future but viewing them would cause a paradox, so you can't see them.
RAF

Post by RAF »

Go back and report to nonpareility. A few of us remember that guy.
old np

Post by old np »

And even fewer remember how to spell it.
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Getting back to reality (or should that be pareility), changing my e-mail address didn't work, as far as getting the borked e-mail notification system to function, but I did start getting Kerz's e-mails. Jeezus, he gets a lot of crap. Moving along to Pim's second suggestion, I've changed just about evertyhing that was 'yes' in my profile to 'no' and submitted it.

That includes avatars. Do you know how many more posts you can see on a page without them? And what a pleasure it is not to have to stare at a jockstrap while I type this? And now when I tell Google Earth to find where I live, it takes me to Baja Canada. Where the hell is that? Or WHEN is that? A new country born out of the ashes of a future nuclear confrontation between France and Canada?

Now going to revert all prefs back to 'yes' from 'no' and maybe, hopefully, it'll kickstart the *%&@#$ e-mail notification to replies system...
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Pim wrote:Or maybe change the "notify me" setting in your profile, submit, and then change it back. (Don't laugh, I've actually seen that work in the past.)

Changing the "notify me" setting and other prefs in the profile, and then changing them back, unfortunately did nothing to resolve this. Nor did logging off and logging back in again (I hadn't logged off in about 3 months). Worth a try. Pim, thank you for the two suggestions and, no, I never laughed.

Time to PM Kerz - anyone know if he's on vacation? If he is, who else can I write to?
Mike

Post by Mike »

np wrote:And even fewer remember how to spell it.

And perhaps even fewer were certain of its pronounciation and meaning.
You can't see me.
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Mike wrote:And perhaps even fewer were certain of its pronounciation and meaning.

Those of you clearly waxing nostalgic over this character might find these definitions of <i>nonpareil</i> interesting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=nonpareil
RAF

Post by RAF »

Yes, I've always envisioned np looking like a small, flat chocolate drop covered with white pellets of sugar.