Forums Upgraded - Post Issues Here (2.0.21)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

The bookmarklet only disables the quick reply on those pages where you use it.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

it = "bookmarklet," not "quick reply," right? :)
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

:) Yes. Quick reply works fine on pages where you have not used the bookmarklet, even in the same browser session.

You can also reload the page without then using the bookmarklet, and quick reply will again work.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Putting a link to the Knowledge Base at the top pf the Mozillazine Forum Index would be great. I realize that it's a forum index, but perhaps we'd all be more inclined to use the knowledge base first before posting, if it was right there staring at us.

The "Official List of Known Issues" link at the top of the Knowledge Base is a little obscure. Easy to miss. Perhaps it could be bolder, with a bit more space between it and the next line?
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Kerz: In your topic line, perhaps you should insert "site", as in "Please Post Site Problems here". This thread is going astray ! :)
bollix47
Folder@Home

Post by bollix47 »

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere so apologies if this is a repetition.

If I search using my name I get all the posts that I have submitted.

If I search by keyword (e.g. throbber) all of 2004 and jan 2005 are missing.

The example is just that ... I've tried other keyword searches and the same periods are missing.

edit: searching in the Firefox General Forum
Last edited by bollix47 on March 23rd, 2005, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esfabian

Post by esfabian »

On my system the day of month for posting dates is replaced by the abbreviated name of the day of week, e.g., the immediately above post is shown as "Posted: 2005-Jan-Sat". Using WinXP 5.1 SP2, Firefox 1.0.2. My Windows "Regional Settings" are:
short date: 2005-03-23
long date: Wednesday, 2005. March 23.
time: 18:08:10
timezoe: ET
Steve Fábián
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

esfabian wrote:On my system the day of month for posting dates is replaced by the abbreviated name of the day of week, e.g., the immediately above post is shown as "Posted: 2005-Jan-Sat". Using WinXP 5.1 SP2, Firefox 1.0.2. My Windows "Regional Settings" are:
short date: 2005-03-23
long date: Wednesday, 2005. March 23.
time: 18:08:10
timezoe: ET

This has nothing to do with your operating system settings. The date is sent as just so much text, based on the settings in your profile on this bbs. Click on the My Profile link in the column to the right (--->) and scroll down to the Date Format entry. Click on the date() link to the left of the entry for an explanation of the various codes you can put in there. (My format string is D jS M Y g:ia which produces a formatted date of Wed 23rd Mar 2005 7:09pm.)
Last edited by makaiguy on November 8th, 2005, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Wilson
esfabian

Post by esfabian »

Thanks! Now I have ISO9601 format, which is what I use everywhere else. I had not seen the ability to link to the date() function before.
Steve Fábián
BABoynton

Post by BABoynton »

Help. I have wasted almost two hours trying to figure out why I can't get into my control panel of my website. There's a cloud with an "i" inside of it when the pop up appears for me to put my username and password. It's not taking my information. I can't get into my control panel. I've checked all settings. I can't figure this out. I don't know if my children have done something to this computer. Where should I go to get rid of that stupid little cloud. It's never been there before when I put in my information to get to my website.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

BABoynton wrote:Help. I have wasted almost two hours trying to figure out why I can't get into my control panel of my website. There's a cloud with an "i" inside of it when the pop up appears for me to put my username and password. It's not taking my information. I can't get into my control panel. I've checked all settings. I can't figure this out. I don't know if my children have done something to this computer. Where should I go to get rid of that stupid little cloud. It's never been there before when I put in my information to get to my website.

Access to your website control panel has nothing to do with changes made to the software that runs this forum, which is the topic of this thread. Please start your own separate topic with a good descriptive subject line and you'll have a better chance of getting the help you need.

When you start that topic, please provide a screen capture image of what you are describing, if you can. I don't recall seeing such a "cloud" so don't know how to help.
Doug Wilson
WCanyon

Post by WCanyon »

When I do a search, get the results, click on a thread, then hit the back button the results disappear. Meaning that I only get one shot at reading a post and if it's the wrong one, I have to do the search over again. LAME.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

WCanyon wrote:When I do a search, get the results, click on a thread, then hit the back button the results disappear. Meaning that I only get one shot at reading a post and if it's the wrong one, I have to do the search over again. LAME.

Don't know what is causing your problem, I can always click BACK to return to the search results.

However, I normally find it much better to utilize the browser's tab capabilities to open the individual threads in their own tabs. This not only leaves the search result list open in its own tab, it makes it very easy to switch back and forth between threads as necessary.
Doug Wilson
gahbmwM5

Sigs seems to be missing digit on rv:1.7.

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Hi Jason,

Always thanks for keeping 'on top' of the Forum Board changes...
As of yesterday, I have noticed that 'Sigs' entered into 'My Profile' have a missing digit...

I cleared my cache, and completely cleared my sig leaving it blank, then updated to see if this would rectify the missing digit, but alas it is still present, and I copied and pasted it directly from Help--->About Mozilla Firefox Section...

In my profile section it correctly shows up as:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050417 Firefox/1.0.4 (stipe s8v4)

EDIT ***

It was the forum emoticon causing this with 8 followed by )...Please disregard...

Thanks James! LOL...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
onemen

Post by onemen »

Code: Select all

Error: Unknown property 'align'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://store.mozillazine.org/forum_box/index.css
Line: 1

Error: Unknown property 'align'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://store.mozillazine.org/forum_box/index.css
Line: 2

anyone see this ??