Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issues

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
wwwoolf

Re: How do I Contact a Board Administrator?

Post by wwwoolf »

chriswchris wrote:I registered for this board at least a year ago and all was fine. But now when I try to log in, I get told that my user name, password, and/or email address belongs to someone else (yeah, me!). I tried to re-register under a new name and password, but I only have one email address, and I'm using it, not someone else. This board says I should talk to the "owner" or "the team", but I see no such link. So how do I get my registration cleared up? Thnx

I have been having this same problem with my MAC. Could not log in with repeated attempts, user names etc. on one of my laptops. Opened this one to find that Password Manager had saved the info so I could get into Mozilla. Otherwise I have had huge issues trying to change user names, passwords, email accounts to try to get in. When I somehow - I don't know how or with which combo - got a response from Mozilla, I could not respond because the link I was sent said I had to log in to respond which I couldn't do. Which is why I tried to contact. I even found an 800 help number to Firefox support and got some guy in Mumbai.

I have just now been able to get in and change my user name and password.
How do I get to you if I can't log in in the future? And how do I find Mac Boards or do I have to put Mac in subject line each time??

Post by Guest »

You can post in this section as a guest. Just post your username in the body of the post and one of the mods will fix things
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

wwwoolf,

We are not Mozilla. Contacting Mozilla with problems at Mozillazine (this site) will not do any good. They cannot help you with problems here.
James

Post by James »

wwwoolf wrote:I have been having this same problem with my MAC. Could not log in with repeated attempts, user names etc. on one of my laptops. Opened this one to find that Password Manager had saved the info so I could get into Mozilla. Otherwise I have had huge issues trying to change user names, passwords, email accounts to try to get in. When I somehow - I don't know how or with which combo - got a response from Mozilla, I could not respond because the link I was sent said I had to log in to respond which I couldn't do. Which is why I tried to contact. I even found an 800 help number to Firefox support and got some guy in Mumbai.

I have just now been able to get in and change my user name and password.
How do I get to you if I can't log in in the future? And how do I find Mac Boards or do I have to put Mac in subject line each time??

Are you having problem with an account at Mozilla's forum support.mozilla.org/questions/ or here at forums.mozillazine.org

I do see a wwwoolf account as per https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1072376

As Daifne said we are not Mozilla.org as in not a part of nor run by them. http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

Also mozilla.org does not have any call centers for one on one phone support numbers to call (also no chat or email) whether officially or by a third-party.
temp-user

Re: Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issu

Post by temp-user »

Hello,

I have a login problem too but I don't want to post my email address. Is there a way I can PM a moderator?

Thanks.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What is your user name?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Guest7

Post by Guest7 »

Hello:
I have a Mozillazine.org username which is EmpireCityRay but I forgotten my password. My old email address I used for mozillazine.org (empirecityray at verizonmail dot com) is no longer in use. Could you please internally change my email address to dot com and issue me a temporary password? Thanks in advance.

~Ray
Username: EmpireCityRay
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I changed the email address. Click on login, Forgot my password. This will send a temp password to the new email address.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
gcc

Post by gcc »

Having the same issues.

User name is xxxxx and email address associated is garagecarro* ATgmail Dot com and when I try to reset my password, it says no account for that email address. When I go to register with that email address, it says it is already registered.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I have your username as GMAB. Try that.
Post wrangler

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I registered yesterday but I never got a email. What do I need to do?

Thank you
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Um, with what user name did you register on the forums?

Post by Guest »

DanRaisch wrote:Um, with what user name did you register on the forums?

noel_envoide
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

There's no record for that user name on the forums. With what email address did you register? Post the answer in the form MYNAME at WHATEVER dot COM.
James

Post by James »

Guest wrote:noel_envoide

I activated it. Note new members first reply requires post approval so be patient if it does not show yet.

Normally you should get a activation email sent to the email you used to register the account with. Check the junk or spam box in case.

Dan, the members search does not find accounts that are not active.