Suggestions: Buglinks, Threading, etc.

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.

Do you think anyone in charge of MozillaZine will take any of these suggestions into consideration?

Yes
27%
No
18%
Maybe so
36%
Only if they can telnet to port 80
18%

Total votes: 11

MXN

Suggestions: Buglinks, Threading, etc.

Post by MXN »

I like the new forums, I guess. Editing your own posts and creating polls are neat features. But there are a few things that I would be pleased to see here in the future:
  • Provide a tooltip for links to specific Bugzilla bugs that says the bug's summary. Bugzilla already automatically does this for any link to another bug.
  • Provide threading or nesting capabilities. This was really nice in the normal TalkBacks and the old TalkBack Forums.
  • Theme this bulletin board to look like the rest of MozillaZine. Or, alternatively, theme the rest of MozillaZine to look like this bulletin board. ;)
  • Make the "Forum Links" more prominent for the newbies.

I know lots of people have already asked for these things. I just wanted to re-emphasize those suggestions, I guess. Thanks to the MozillaZine folks for making life around here more interesting every now and then.
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Re: Suggestions: Buglinks, Threading, etc.

Post by kerz »

MXN wrote:Provide a tooltip for links to specific Bugzilla bugs that says the bug's summary. Bugzilla already automatically does this for any link to another bug.

Not going to happen until there are hooks into bugzilla to do this.

MXN wrote:Provide threading or nesting capabilities. This was really nice in the normal TalkBacks and the old TalkBack Forums.

Not going to happen until phpBB supports this.

MXN wrote:Theme this bulletin board to look like the rest of MozillaZine. Or, alternatively, theme the rest of MozillaZine to look like this bulletin board. ;)

Working on this slowly.

MXN wrote:Make the "Forum Links" more prominent for the newbies.

No idea what you mean by this.

Jason
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Another feature I'd like to see (though I'm afraid if it would be possible, it would be already there): Does phpBB support something like a "Jump to new posts" link that takes you down to the first unseen post in a thread?
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Post by kerz »

laszlo wrote:Another feature I'd like to see (though I'm afraid if it would be possible, it would be already there): Does phpBB support something like a "Jump to new posts" link that takes you down to the first unseen post in a thread?

If you look at new posts, you should see an arrow pointing at an orange doc, that'll take you to the new posts.