Marking Items: SOLVED!

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Navigator1

Marking Items: SOLVED!

Post by Navigator1 »

Hello. On many similar computer help websites there is a button at the top of the posting page where those whose problems have been solved can click on it and by their posting the word "SOLVED!" will appear. I think this is a very good item to have on MozillaZine as well. It would sure help others to quickly read a topic and then go to the bottom line of how their problem was solved! Is there a possibility of writing code for this item to begin showing soon? Thanks for your consideration to my suggestion.
"Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding." -- Louis Gerstner
DanRaisch

Re: Marking Items: SOLVED!

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion.
James

Post by James »

This forum uses phpBB 3.0 and I do not think this is a feature that can be done without a mod which I know kerz may be weary about adding since past attempts at adding stuff did not always goes well to even crashing the forum.

Other forums that has a solve it button are using different forum software like for example Mozilla's own support forum for Firefox at support.mozilla.org/questions/ and well a small number of people there have been solve it addicts since the solve button not only marked a post as solved but also added to the poster's solutions count.

We do not need a solved button here and have been making do without one ever since Nov 4 2002.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

You can mark your own posts solved by editing the first post in the thread (assuming it was your thread to begin with) and changing the title of the post.

The EDIT button is in the upper right of your posts. QUOTE, EDIT, Report Post button.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.