Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Frank Lion

Re: Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Post by Frank Lion »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14742325

Please move thread to Builds. It made sense for this to be in General when the thread actually was about 'Old Firefox Extensions Will Stop Working in Firefox 57' as it's important for people to know that. However, the thread hasn't had anything to do with extensions since Page 8 and is now a usual pre-release builds thread.

It should be noted that all of the Australis (Firefox 29) threads were kept in Builds right up to 2 weeks before the release of Firefox 29, even though it could have been argued that the version also impacted on users in a big way.

An alternate would be to keep the first 8 pages in General (due to the importance of the subject) and split the rest to a new thread in Builds.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
James

Post by James »

This is obvious spam where reporting does little as all it takes is for a mod to be on to deal with them.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi malliz,
Got the beastie/s.
Ta.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

They've been taken care of.
Ta malliz.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14742424

No point you mods hiding in the bushes like Homer Simpson on this. For 15 years every post in Support or General that even mentioned a pre-release Build was instantly moved to Builds. Now, we have 6 pages of general pre-release stuff that is not even attempting to address the thread topic (mainly because it's all been said)

So, far from putting your head above the parapet, you'd be following a 15 year precedent on how pre-release stuff is handled here. Just PM smsmith, if you don't want to take 'ownership'.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Frank Lion wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14742325

Please move thread to Builds. It made sense for this to be in General when the thread actually was about 'Old Firefox Extensions Will Stop Working in Firefox 57' as it's important for people to know that. However, the thread hasn't had anything to do with extensions since Page 8 and is now a usual pre-release builds thread.

It should be noted that all of the Australis (Firefox 29) threads were kept in Builds right up to 2 weeks before the release of Firefox 29, even though it could have been argued that the version also impacted on users in a big way.

An alternate would be to keep the first 8 pages in General (due to the importance of the subject) and split the rest to a new thread in Builds.
Moved the entire thread to Builds with an explanation of sorts. I'd rather the name get changed rather than trying to split it into its constituent parts. It's still stickied in Builds, but I did not leave a shadow in General.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

smsmith wrote:Moved the entire thread to Builds with an explanation of sorts. I'd rather the name get changed rather than trying to split it into its constituent parts. It's still stickied in Builds, but I did not leave a shadow in General.
Thanks.

I'll do, if wanted, a neutral tone FAQ Locked Sticky for General on this - just what's happening, what the options then will be and then end with links to the various discussion threads, for those that want further info/to comment, etc. It'll be concise, but people passing General will at least know what may/may not impact them in 57.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Frank Lion wrote:I'll do, if wanted, a neutral tone FAQ Locked Sticky for General on this - just what's happening, what the options then will be and then end with links to the various discussion threads, for those that want further info/to comment, etc. It'll be concise, but people passing General will at least know what may/may not impact them in 57.
Feel free. Let me or one of the others know when you have it posted so we can sticky and lock it.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14743034
Taking the thread way off topic with his usual attitude problems please split and dump
"Terry Pratchett"
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

"Terry Pratchett"
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

malliz wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14743034
Taking the thread way off topic with his usual attitude problems please split and dump
Split and moved to Locked.
malliz wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14743107
Snarky and unnecessary
Somebody else got this one.