Read FAQ. Can I post an attachment.

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
mozillazinefor19#34_

Read FAQ. Can I post an attachment.

Post by mozillazinefor19#34_ »

A developer is asking for a screenshot. The forum is: "Board index ‹ Extensions and Themes ‹ Extension/Theme Releases". I see in my User Control Panel -> Manage Attachments. I don't see how to upload an attachment there or to a specific post. I reviewed the FAQ. How do I find out the board administrator. I searched the forum home page, viewforum.php?f=48, and did not see anything. Tried to find the info myself, but was unsuccessful. Thank you for your help.

What attachments are allowed on this board?
Each board administrator can allow or disallow certain attachment types. If you are unsure what is allowed to be uploaded, contact the board administrator for assistance.
faq.php#f9r0
patrickjdempsey

Re: Read FAQ. Can I post an attachment.

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You have to use a 3rd-party image host like photobucket, imgur, imageshack, postimage etc. Then when you get your image uploaded, just provide a link to it. No need to embed the image as that often breaks the layout of this website and we arn't too lazy here to click on links to get to screenshots. ;)
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
James

Re: Read FAQ. Can I post an attachment.

Post by James »

This forum like many has not allowed attachments since when it was available in phpBB. This is due to database load (which was bad at times in past) and to keep spammers from trying to use it as a way to spam. Spammers is why we have had new members first post approval ever since end of March 2011 to show it got bad.