mZ won't process my e-mail address - can't register for site

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
gregmlang13

mZ won't process my e-mail address - can't register for site

Post by gregmlang13 »

Hi. I'm having a major problem with my Mozilla Firefox. It's died; and resurrecting it from the dead hasn't got rid of its previous problems. I'd bury it in the backyard - but the ground is too hard at this time of year. So - though I prefer it - I'm now using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. [-o<

I have another problem - I can't register on mozillaZine to find out WTF is going on - which includes some really strange stuff I can't find a reference to here - on the help pages of Mozilla's site - or anywhere else I've looked on the internet. Everything else in my registration checks out - except the e-mail address I submitted is stated as "being in use". But... it's MINE. WTH? BTW - I'm not logged into it on my computer right now, if that should really make any difference. ](*,)

So how am I supposed to register here? What causing this bug? Ideas? Am I supposed to create a new e-mail account; i.e. mozillabugs666@domainname.etc? [-X
smsmith

Re: mZ won't process my e-mail address - can't register for

Post by smsmith »

What email address are you trying to use? Please post it here as aliias AT serverName DOT com.

For instance joeblow AT gmail DOT com

You do not need to create a new mail account.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
gregmlang13

Post by gregmlang13 »

smsmith wrote:What email address are you trying to use? Please post it here as aliias AT serverName DOT com.

For instance joeblow AT gmail DOT com

You do not need to create a new mail account.

I was looking elsewhere on these forums to see if anyone else had a similar problem - a couple of people did. I need to be registered; and for this forum bug to be fixed.

I thought my e-mail address was not going to be shared by mozillaZine. I don't want to be spammed in any way. I will do it in the format you suggested, though.

I have had this e-mail address for some time now.
gregmlang

Post by gregmlang »

OK; I got a confirmation e-mail at my e-mail address a couple of hours ago. =D>

My original username "gregmlang" was accepted - despite being rejected at first. :? I got a definite fail on that on mZ. Need to fix this forum bug; as well as the one that showed my e-mail address was being "used" - resulting in another rejection.

However - I just checked my e-mail - and I'm registered! :D After I tried my second username - failed - and was told to contact an administrator, I tried my original username; after first going through the mZ link to activate it. Success!! This was after trying my first username - while trying to register again on mZ - and being told to post my problem on the forums. :oops:
James

Post by James »

You should get a activation email as you found when you register as you cannot just create an account and use it straight away.
gregmlang

Post by gregmlang »

James wrote:You should get a activation email as you found when you register as you cannot just create an account and use it straight away.

Of course. But the mZ registration page kept on rejecting me - so why bother looking? I finally checked my e-mail for the hell of it. Strange things happen sometimes... :?

BTW: Request - I would like the details of my e-mail address x'd out, as you have done for others; thanks. :|
"Do computers dream of electric u's?"

The Byrds: "CTA 102"
rtrg00

Post by rtrg00 »

MOZILLAZINE will NOT let me register OR log in, same as others here. PLEASE provide a REAL simple solution! MZ SUPPORT page DID allow me to create new account. THAT info does NOT work on the ZINE page. My one and only email is reeltoreelguy gmail. Please reply there. Thanks.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

rtrg00 wrote:MOZILLAZINE will NOT let me register OR log in, same as others here. PLEASE provide a REAL simple solution! MZ SUPPORT page DID allo
Did you try and register here all in caps?

You know that there is a zero tolerance no all caps policy here, don't you?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
James

Post by James »

rtrg00 wrote:MOZILLAZINE will NOT let me register OR log in, same as others here. PLEASE provide a REAL simple solution! MZ SUPPORT page DID allow me to create new account. THAT info does NOT work on the ZINE page. My one and only email is reeltoreelguy gmail. Please reply there. Thanks.
The acount name tied to this email is rtrg as a n example of 13 posts made by account is http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2971523