Addition for "Disappearing mail" wiki page

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
ludarp

Addition for "Disappearing mail" wiki page

Post by ludarp »

Hi, I thought it could be useful on the Disappearing mail wiki page to add an extra tip:

Enable "View -> Threads -> Ignored Threads" to check for emails which may have been ignored (e.g. by knocking the 'K' key)

E.g. or if a baby sitting on one's lap does so. ;-) Man that took a long time to figure out!! I could move the email from All Mail elsewhere, but when putting it back into the Inbox it just seem to vanish.

Asides:
1. I was under the impression that I could create an account and add this tip to the wiki myself? If so, I couldn't figure out how.
2. Aside: I never did like single-letter accelerators, e.g. many list views in Windows allow you to search for an item by typing; a recipe for bloopers there.

Cheers!
Luke
smsmith

Re: Addition for "Disappearing mail" wiki page

Post by smsmith »

I've moved this to the Site Discussion forum and add a link in the Knowledge Base thread to this topic so people that work on the KB are more active.

For future reference, you can post these kinds of requests here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2825891

In that thread, there are also instructions for how to get edit rights in the KB. Generally, we prefer members stick around and obtain a decent post history prior to granting edit rights. We've had some problems with spammers in the past.

Welcome to the forums!
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ludarp

Re: Addition for "Disappearing mail" wiki page

Post by ludarp »

Thanks for the category correction and the welcome!