I didn't create this thread; LoudNoise did.

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
TwoCables

Re: This forum is essentially a fansite.

Post by TwoCables »

mightyglydd wrote:Go take your meds..

How about you learn how to treat people with respect?
Signature removed by Dartman
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

TwoCables wrote:I've been on a few different forums, but this is one of the worst...

Yeah, I know. But we are also the best at fixing stuff.

I see now the thread you meant. My job was done here -

Frank Lion wrote:Checked your Desktop for the Firefox folder that contains your old profile yet?

OP was in no mood for detailed stuff, so best they quietly contemplated what I wrote and then we take it from there, when they are in a more receptive frame of mind.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

He might simply disappear. On the other hand. we have had an number of folks who were really pissed off and returned to have their problem solved.

Some folks come to us really, really pissed off. Part of support is getting them calmed down. At the moment, Barubba isn't likely to think well of our support. If he/she comes back Frank's hint of where he can recover his profile.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

Frank Lion wrote:
TwoCables wrote:I've been on a few different forums, but this is one of the worst...

Yeah, I know. But we are also the best at fixing stuff.

I see now the thread you meant. My job was done here -

Frank Lion wrote:Checked your Desktop for the Firefox folder that contains your old profile yet?

OP was in no mood for detailed stuff, so best they quietly contemplated what I wrote and then we take it from there, when they are in a more receptive frame of mind.

We'll see how he reacts.

Also, yes, your job was done there, but you made a second post that doesn't help Barabba at all, yet LoudNoise didn't touch it. When I made a post that didn't help, he moderated it immediately even though he himself made a post that doesn't really help him solve his problem. So, WTF.
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:He might simply disappear. On the other hand. we have had an number of folks who were really pissed off and returned to have their problem solved.

Some folks come to us really, really pissed off. Part of support is getting them calmed down. At the moment, Barubba isn't likely to think well of our support. If he/she comes back Frank's hint of where he can recover his profile.

I must apologize to him, I got his name wrong. It's Barabba not Barubba. So, I'd hate to get him even more worked up by everyone calling him Barubba.

Anyway, I guess I'm a bit more old school in that when someone needs help, it should be given to them in a way that is very friendly - especially if they're pissed off about the problem they're having.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I moderated when I saw it, it was just happen-stance that it was immediate.

How he reacts depends how much he wants to have his problem solved.

The person hasn't give us any real information yet. Once he/she gets better pissed off we can work with this.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:I moderated when I saw it, it was just happen-stance that it was immediate.

How he reacts depends how much he wants to have his problem solved.

Just because someone takes offense to someone's rudeness, it doesn't mean that they don't want to be helped.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for those other posts to be moderated or deleted or split off into a thread. The only post that I can agree that might help Barabba solve his problem is Frank's first reply to that thread. The rest don't even come close to talking about his problem directly. Yours is included, LoudNoise. Sorry.
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:The person hasn't give us any real information yet. Once he/she gets better pissed off we can work with this.

And now you can understand why I'm angry about being moderated when I was doing EXACTLY the same thing that makaiguy did.

This is ridiculous, man.
James

Post by James »

The link makaiguy posted was made for that use. You on the other hand did not know much of past history of this forum and even after you did you still think of this forum as a fansite and the only one to do so based on search.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Makaiguy pointed that we were not Mozilla and therefore was not the proper place to complain about the product. You, on the other hand, did nothing more then point out your opinion about the site.

All that said, it looks like we are making some progress on the OPs problem.
Post wrangler
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

James wrote:The link makaiguy posted was made for that use. You on the other hand did not know much of past history of this forum and even after you did you still think of this forum as a fansite and the only one to do so based on search.

How does posting that link help Barabba with THIS?

Barabba wrote:Great great day for me! Thank you Mozilla a lot!!
I've lost all the sessions, even if I use Session manager extension and it saved many files for backup in different days!

You had the BRILLANT idea to create a new folder for profiles and DELETE the old one with all the settings and backup files. Even if I recovered deleted files they are unusable because they are corrupted. So I LOST EVERYTHING and I don't know what important pages I was visiting and work to finish, MY COMPLIMENTS!! THANK YOU!!!

GREAT IDEA TO DELETE THE OLD FOLDER!!!!!! While you have NO REASONS to delete it when firefox is about to "restore" itself.

It has nothing to do with his problem. So again: WTF?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It doesn't help Barabba at all which is why James posted here rather than the support post.
Post wrangler
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:It doesn't help Barabba at all which is why James posted here rather than the support post.

You're not paying attention then. Look in the thread, LoudNoise. I've been trying to tell you this ever since you moderated my post, but you keep refusing to listen (seemingly stubbornly so):

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2928071

I'm talking about the posts in that thread, NOT THIS THREAD THAT YOU CREATED USING MY POST. God damn. I'm not stupid. I'm talking about the link that makaiguy posted. I've said this several times now. How the hell does it help Barabba solve his problem? You said that my post didn't solve his problem, and that's why you split it off into this thread. SO WHAT ABOUT MAKAIGUY'S POST? WHAT ABOUT YOURS? WHAT ABOUT FRANK'S SECOND POST IN THAT THREAD? Hello?! Are you listening?! Is anyone home?

I mean, seriously. What the freakin' hell is this? Selective moderation?! I even reported the posts to make it even easier for you to know what posts I'm talking about, but I guess you haven't seen those reports yet (I made them a long time ago now).
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

TwoCables wrote:And now you can understand why I'm angry about being moderated when I was doing EXACTLY the same thing that makaiguy did.

Which is precisely why your post was split and deservedly so. The last thing we need round here is someone posting EXACTLY the same as the previous poster, as all that does is wind up the OP even more.

I suggest you go and calm down a bit.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)