MozillaZine

Manually Removed by Admin Just After Registration

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
hairyfoxToo

Post Posted April 17th, 2015, 7:28 am

Hi Board Admin/ Moderator,

I'd just registered 1-2 hours ago, successfully activated my account, logged in configure my user panel, & was trying preview a post I'm editing when I was suddenly logged out with the message that my account has been manually removed by an administrator. I've been unable to login since then.

May I know why I am being removed ? I was just trying to post a message to the developer at the NASA Night Launch (Firefox theme) discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=547498&start=3195

The username that I registered & logged in with is: hairyfox .

By national law (internet censorship by my government), my ISP uses a transparent proxy with dynamic IP addresses. I'm not sure if my "public IP address" (which changes every few seconds, & each IP is shared by tens of thousands of users) made me appear like a spammer. Thanks !

LIMPET235

Post Posted April 17th, 2015, 7:46 am

Hi,
When I checked your details, they came back in the negative.
eg; A spammer.

I have now reactivated the account.
Try logging in again.

Apologies for the mix-up.
:)
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-56.0.1-57.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

hairyfox

Post Posted April 17th, 2015, 8:05 am

I finally managed to log in successfully after your comment. Thanks for your assistance !

In the meantime, I hope that I won't get blocked again every time I try to visit or log into this forum.

My ISP is famous for its IP addresses being regularly blocklisted/ blacklisted due to its transparent proxy & protocol of re-assigning the same few blocks of dynamic IPs to thousands of users. There is even a Wikipedia note to Wiki moderators not to block users from my ISP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:SingNet

MozillaZine admins & moderators might wish to take note of this recurring issue so as to save some labour & user-end panicking. :)

LIMPET235

Post Posted April 17th, 2015, 9:01 am

Again, I'm sorry for the mix-up.

You shouldn't have any more probs logging in here.

Locking this now to stop any spam.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-56.0.1-57.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Return to MozillaZine Site Discussion