MozillaZine

no answers to questions?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
fbu924

Post Posted July 3rd, 2015, 9:36 pm

Hello: I wonder what is happening, if anything. I've made 2 posts on questions which I think important. #1 was on "open link in browser" (30june) & on 1jul I asked why clicking on a link in TB doesn't go anywhere. There's been a number of views. Am I just not giving enough time for a good answer to happen (this usually has happened w/in 1 day) or has there been a change in the "knowledge & base population" of t-bird users (reduced in both), so I should consider that? Thanks.
Paul L

LoudNoise

Post Posted July 3rd, 2015, 10:21 pm

Most of the views are either robots or spammers. Feel free to post in either or both to get a bounce to the top. I would suspect that most folks didn't notice it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

fbu924

Post Posted July 3rd, 2015, 11:14 pm

Thanks for reply, LN. "Either or both" - refers to? And I'm not sure what effect of getting bounced to the top would be...Us. the answers have been v. good & simple too (tho never occuring to me), whenever answered. Thank you.
Paul L

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 4th, 2015, 5:03 am

"Either or" simply means that you could add a new post to either one or both of those topics that you created.

Bouncing to the top just means that when someone enters the Thunderbird Builds Forum (for example) your unanswered post will be among the first entries on the list. That makes them more visible to those not searching for a particular question/issue.

Return to MozillaZine Site Discussion