Archived Moderation Requests (Vol 57)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
TheVisitor

Re: Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Post by TheVisitor »

patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

That is one persistent bot, LN:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2903549
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Direct installer.exe link. User doesn't appear to be the owner of the build? Can we get a link break and a talking to?
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2903531
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Hmmm... "productplacer" ... suspicious user name, although his topic appears legitimate... someone to watch.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2704079
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

^^ Removed the link and PMed the fellow.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
patrickjdempsey

Thank you. 3 year bump with bad advice to boot:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2449211
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Done.. Ta
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
fireside3a

Post by fireside3a »

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=428288&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Stupid by LoudNoise
I've never understood you Millennials, who act as if responding to a "elderly" thread is some sort of problem. If it's useless information then why not remove it from your site? Ah, because in many cases it's not, and the age of a thread usually has ZERO relevancy to how much the information is worth, and people not only continue to learn from "elderly" threads, but may have new information and solutions as well. To act as if a thread is too old to take an interest in or reply to is completely moronic.
Thanks
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Grow up the thread was nine years old. When you grow a brain use it for something besides being a smart arse
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
patrickjdempsey

The internet as it existed 9 years ago isn't even remotely similar to how it works today. And Firefox is certainly not the same browser.... pretty much every single line of code has been rewritten. You might as well be trying to fix a brand new Ford Taurus using the manual for a Model T.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Binned by ?
Ta muchly.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
patrickjdempsey

LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

fireside3a wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=428288&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Stupid by LoudNoise
I've never understood you Millennial, who act as if responding to a "elderly" thread is some sort of problem. If it's useless information then why not remove it from your site? Ah, because in many cases it's not, and the age of a thread usually has ZERO relevancy to how much the information is worth, and people not only continue to learn from "elderly" threads, but may have new information and solutions as well. To act as if a thread is too old to take an interest in or reply to is completely moronic.
Thanks

Man, that thread was locked in 2009!
That said, the reason it was locked is that the information you provide might or might not be valid after a year or so. Secondly, after three years the folks involved are likely not concerned about it anymore. If they were subscribed to the thread the would get unwelcome email about it.

As noted, the information is still available. If you have like problems, it would make sense to start a new thread.

As for us Millennials, tiger, I am a boomer. One that was taught not to begin by insulting.
Post wrangler
James

Post by James »

fireside3a wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=428288&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Stupid by LoudNoise
I've never understood you Millennials, who act as if responding to a "elderly" thread is some sort of problem. If it's useless information then why not remove it from your site? Ah, because in many cases it's not, and the age of a thread usually has ZERO relevancy to how much the information is worth, and people not only continue to learn from "elderly" threads, but may have new information and solutions as well. To act as if a thread is too old to take an interest in or reply to is completely moronic.
Thanks

A lot had changed between Firefox 1.5 and what was the then current in 2009 and even more so now.

About the only reason why a thread stays open over a year is when it is a Authors support thread for a Extension or Theme (complete) like in viewforum.php?f=48 or in the small cases of when it is not so version specific. Enough things change that it is best to start a new thread and link to the old thread as reference.

Let me guess you found this old thread in a Google site search and is annoyed that you could not bump this thread that was started 8 1/2 years ago. Also Guest posting has not been allowed in the Support sections since end of March 2011 (due to Guest spam) anyways so you would not have been able to bump this old thread without registering an account.