BANNED? why. What. ..

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
insipidusername

BANNED? why. What. ..

Post by insipidusername »

User "Samseng" was registered a few hours ago. I had lot of things to do and my post was almost finished and was not submitted. So, ZERO poster.
A few menutes back, I've finished the post and was about to post and surprise! I can't.
"Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator."

What sorcery is this? Since it's been a while since I browsed forums managed by 12 year olds, I must confess that I'm kind of offended that I wasn't offered an explanation!

I hope the deactivation was not intentional!

I'll wait for feedback on this. Thanks.
LIMPET235

Re: BANNED? why. What. ..

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Apparently, there was a glitch at the time.
We have a resident "Green Gremlin" who likes to play games. :)

I've done a "Forced Re-activation", so check your emails & try logging in again.

Moving to Site Discussion...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
insipidusername

Post by insipidusername »

Thanks for the response. I'm afraid I'm getting the same messages. If reactivating that account is too much trouble, I'll just use this one. Let me know!
Thanks again
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

insipidusername wrote:Since it's been a while since I browsed forums managed by 12 year olds, I must confess that I'm kind of offended that I wasn't offered an explanation!

Yep, always the way to go to get people to 'go the extra mile' to help you.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Samseng

I sent another forced reactivation and did a couple of other things. If this does not work, copy and paste the actual message you are getting to this thread.

Frank,
Don't snap at the frustrated newbes please. It isn't attractive and causes your mods to get annoyed.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Samseng

Post by Samseng »

Hello everyone, thanks for the helping hand. This time I got an email with an activation link and was able to follow the procedure
Sorry for ranting
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

No problem, glad to help.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."