Password reset fails

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
drawson1

Password reset fails

Post by drawson1 »

I've tried password reset a couple of times - each time when I enter the new password I get in the eMail, I get an error message "It was not possible to convert your password ....."

Since I can't remember my old password, how can I get a reset?

Thanks!
DanRaisch

Re: Password reset fails

Post by DanRaisch »

I just did a forced reactivation, so watch for an email.
drawson1

Post by drawson1 »

Hmm . . . must not be my day. The password reset screen kept prompting me to complete the captcha and never logged me in.

Critical note (apologies for not being clear about this before . . . .): I'm trying to re-activate "drawson", but it won't let me use it when I connect to Site Discussion because it says it's already in use. I did get the activation eMail . . . which doesn't make sense to me. The correct eMail is daniel (dot) rawson (at) asml (dot) com
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, and that's the email listed for the user ID. Did you log off the forums and then close and restart Firefox? You might also need to clear the cache and cookies before trying again to use the activation link in the email --

Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).