I need to change my email address

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
CEI

I need to change my email address

Post by CEI »

I need to change the email address associated with my Username. I used my work email address and no longer work for the company or have access to that email account. I could register with a new name but if an Administrator could change the addres for me I could just reset my password. Can this be done?
amrad

Re: I need to change my email address

Post by amrad »

You can do it yourself. Go to 'User Control Panel' from the link on the right, under 'mozillazine'.

Regards,

Dave.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

@amrad, the fact they are posting as a Guest likely means they don't have the ability to log in...
CEI

Post by CEI »

Exactly. CEI is not m Username - I can't use that to post this. My username is charles_i and my password is so old that it's not 6 characters so it probably has expired.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I found a user ID of charles_i. Please confirm the domain of the old email address and the new email address you wish to use. Don't post it as full email address but in the format "charles_1 AT whatever DOT com".

Alternatively, there were only two posts against that old account, both from four years ago. You could just create a new ID if you wish and could mark the old account as deactivated.
CEI

Post by CEI »

old email address is charlesDOTstratamp.com
new email address is charlesDOTnetscape.net

Thanks
CEI

Post by CEI »

CORRECTION: New email address is whatwantDOTrogers.com
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Please post again the OLD email address as your last two posts seem to have mixed things up.
CEI

Post by CEI »

old email address is charlesDOTstratamp.com
new email address is whatwantDOTrogers.com
charles_i

Post by charles_i »

My apologoies, I figured it out. It was going to a different email address than those two so I reset the password. It would be nice to reset password using either the username or the email address.

charles_i (CEI)
Last edited by charles_i on September 12th, 2015, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

charles_i wrote:It would be nice to reset password using either the username or the email address.

If a username alone is enough to reset password, *anyone* can reset password for any registered user... :-k

IMO it's better to require some means to verify that the user requesting the password reset is the user whose account it is.
charles_i

Post by charles_i »

That makes sense. Thanks for your help.