Character limit on me (but not others)?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
SeahawksXLVIII

Character limit on me (but not others)?

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

I posted a topic in the Firefox board and I ran out of characters after the words "corrupted settings" and it would not let my type anymore. However after posting it, I find other topics with 8 or more characters that stretch out longer than mine done. Why do I have a less character limit and can that be fixed?
DanRaisch

Re: Character limit on me (but not others)?

Post by DanRaisch »

Where are you seeing a character limit on these forums? In the subject line, in the reply entry field?
SeahawksXLVIII

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

After I typed my topic in Firefox support, in the subject line, I typed "Firefox sync problem (partially syncing, corruted settings)" I could not add "etc." to make it "Firefox sync problem (partially syncing, corrupted settings etc.)" because no more characters would type because it ended there. If I typed them on the keyboard they would not show up like if it hit a wall and would not accept any more characters. After posting it, I see that other people's posts extend at least 8 characters beyond where it stopped typing for me
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

(Well it's expected that post subject has a limit of 60 characters...)
SeahawksXLVIII

Post by SeahawksXLVIII »

then why do others' posts extend further right than my topped out 60 characters?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Where? Provide links.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Since we have been around with this forum software since November 2002 it could easily be that phpBB didn't have a limit many moons ago. That said, the sixty character limit is a hard one now-a-days.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."