notification

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
amicus

notification

Post by amicus »

I'm not getting notification when there is a new response to my original post even though I've checked to get email notification when a new response has been posted.

I know in the past email notification was automatic and had to opt out if I didn't want any more emails.Confused.
Daifne

Re: notification

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Site Discussion
amicus

Post by amicus »

Still haven't received a response
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Checking your forum profile I see that you have "Notify me upon replies by default:" set to "No."
amicus

Post by amicus »

DanRaisch wrote:Checking your forum profile I see that you have "Notify me upon replies by default:" set to "No."

Thanks. I didn't realize I had done that. Must have clicked on the wrong link on my last notification.

I've made the change so as a favor would you just reply in a message and just write "test" to see that everything is back to normal. Thank you
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Here's the test reply.
amicus

Post by amicus »

DanRaisch wrote:You're welcome. Here's the test reply.

That's strange. I went to Board preferences and clicked on "Edit posting defaults" and highlighted "Notify me upon replies by default" and I still didn't get notification that you had sent me a reply. I'm puzzled.
amicus

Post by amicus »

DanRaisch wrote:You're welcome. Here's the test reply.

I'm still not getting responses. So I went to "Manage subscriptions" and it states that:

"You are not subscribed to any forums."
"You are not subscribed to any topics."

But it doesn't mention any options to reverse that. Can you help me?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you checked your email Junk/Bulk/SPAM folder to ensure that the messages are not being routed there by your email provider or email client?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

go to the thread you want notifications for, then click "Subscribe topic" at the top of the page ?
amicus

Post by amicus »

DanRaisch wrote:Have you checked your email Junk/Bulk/SPAM folder to ensure that the messages are not being routed there by your email provider or email client?

Yes. As a moderator, can I ask you to check my profile to see what I'm missing and correct it or set my system back to its' default profile?
amicus

Post by amicus »

amicus wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:Have you checked your email Junk/Bulk/SPAM folder to ensure that the messages are not being routed there by your email provider or email client?

Yes. As a moderator, can I ask you to check my profile to see what I'm missing and correct it or set my system back to its' default profile?

No response?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I've looked through your profile and don't see anything that should prevent you being notified of replies. When you checked the Junk/etc folders, did you do that on your email provider's server, or are you using an email client, such as Thunderbird?
amicus

Post by amicus »

DanRaisch wrote:I've looked through your profile and don't see anything that should prevent you being notified of replies. When you checked the Junk/etc folders, did you do that on your email provider's server, or are you using an email client, such as Thunderbird?

I use Thunderbird and checked the junk folder in anticipation that it was in inadvertently sent there and it wasn't.

Just to confirm, my email address is 'amicus@xxxxxxx.net' If that isn't it, I'm stumped.

Plus at the bottom of the message "Notify me when a reply is posted" is checked, but at the top "unsubscribe topic" is x. Don't know how to intemperate that.
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 16th, 2015, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address obscured per forum rules.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Let's get the "Unsubscribe" out of the way first. That indicator means that you ARE subscribed to the thread and clicking on that link would delete that subscription.

More directly to your issue, checking the Junk folder in Thunderbird is rather pointless. What we're trying to determine is if your email provider's server (or some spam filter between the forums and your email provider) is misidentifying the notifications of replies as spam and preventing it from reaching Thunderbird.

It is unwise to post your full email address in the clear on any public forum like this. Spammers harvest email addresses from public forums when they can.