can't change email address

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
PaulusNZ

can't change email address

Post by PaulusNZ »

Im changing ISP's - log into mozillazine to update email address - user control panel/profile/account settings - current email does not appear in a field hence can't it, but can change password and username. Search forums, find a suggestion to deactivate old profile - but how? - and register new profile. Havent logged in for years.

Can anyone help please?

Paul
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: can't change email address

Post by malliz »

What about
user control panel/profile/account settings/edit account settings
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
PaulusNZ

Post by PaulusNZ »

Well howdy do - the email address is now editable. Thank you one and all.

Yes edit account settings was what I meant.
mozjoe299

Post by mozjoe299 »

Hi Guys, I"m in the same boat, althought the solution does not provide the solution for me. When I goto: (today's labels) User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings... my email address displayed is not editable. This is what I need to update as I have also changed providers. I've poked around, tried any variation I can find, no luck. I searched for "contact" and didn't find any way to reach administration, I was next heading out to try to find an administrator and cold call. -Appreciate any help.

mozjoe299
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

mozjoe299 wrote:When I goto: (today's labels) User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings... my email address displayed is not editable.
Since you had never posted anything on the forum, you weren't able to make that change. You should be able to now that you have had your first post approved. We had a run of spam a while back that caused us to make some changes to counteract it.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
mozjoe299

Post by mozjoe299 »

Thanks smsmith! That was it, really appreciate it!