Including screenshot in post

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
KaterThomas

Including screenshot in post

Post by KaterThomas »

I just read http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

If I understand this correctly, there is only one way (since I do not see an attachment button here):
I first have to find an imaging posting site, then include the url in my post...??!! :shock:

Are you serious?
Did I accidentally end up in the wrong century again, or is this run by Microsoft? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

SOMEBODY, PLEASE...!!
Windows 10 / Thunderbird 52.2.1 / Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0 / Oo 4.1.1
Android 5.0 / AndrOo 2.3.1
All email accounts on all systems set up as POP except for one account on Android (Google offers no choice)
James

Re: Including screenshot in post

Post by James »

This forum like many do not allow attachments. This forum gets a lot of spam attempts each day and the file attachment would be another thing the spammers would try to spam with. Another reason is the database load would increase as we have had issues keeping forum up as is at times over the years. The spam is why we have had to resort to new members first post approval since March 2011. This forum is owned and run by a individual as is not a part of nor run by Mozilla as they have their own support forum at support.mozilla.org/questions/.
KaterThomas

Post by KaterThomas »

Thank you, James, for your prompt response.
Sorry to hear.
Are you sure you cannot come up with a better solution...?

I do not seem to be able to get into my mozilla.org account, including "forgot password" (cookies are activated for this site only, temporarily)...
All email accounts on all systems set up as POP except for one account on Android (Google offers no choice)
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

TinyPic (free and you don't need to register or open an account) has a very easy-to use image upload. Upload your file and choose the resize option of Message Board 640/480. Once uploaded, use the link they provide for web forums. Paste that link into your post and the image will show in your post.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
KaterThomas

Post by KaterThomas »

Thank you, Grizzly!
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

KaterThomas wrote:Thank you, Grizzly!
You're welcome! :wink:
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18