Please keep Thunderbird

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
OneMoziFan

Please keep Thunderbird

Post by OneMoziFan »

Hello Mozilla-Team.

I just want to say: Please keep Thunderbird. If I donate Mozilla, I support especially Thunderbird.

If you give Thunderbird up you make it more insecure. I manage all my E-Mails with it over 12 years now. I will not change it.

But you bring me in trouble if you give it away. A lot of companies too. They know, we can fully trust this Mozilla-Prooduct. But now you really risk the future of a perfect e-mail-client. :(

Why not ask users, what they think about it. Launching a major survey for Thunderbirds users: keep it or give it away.

I really hope you stop the idea before it's to late.

Btw. I just heard my boss has been thinking about, not to donate because of the messages in the news.
trolly

Re: Please keep Thunderbird

Post by trolly »

Just for your information:
http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

There are several options open at the moment. My latest information includes a fork, the move of the project to a company that integrates PGP into TB and ...
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
James

Post by James »

We have a Sticky thread going on future of Thunderbird at viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2976617

Also despite the word Mozilla still in name, it is has not been a Mozilla product like Firefox is for a while now.

This independent forum will still have the Thunderbird section to do support for it.

Besides the above about url do see the message on bottom right of sidebar.

Mozilla does have a Support forum of their own at support.mozilla.org/questions where they did include Thunderbird section back on February 21, 2014.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."