Possible correction to Changing Thunderbird default browser

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
roguemouser

Possible correction to Changing Thunderbird default browser

Post by roguemouser »

HI.

I came here looking to learn how to change the default browser that Thunderbird opens. I'd changed the default for my OS (Linux Mint), but it didn't take for Thunderbird.

I found the article here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_the_ ... hunderbird, but ran into a problem. I figured it out easily enough, but there might be others who don't, and I wouldn't presume to edit the article.

Specifically, where the article says to choose Tools->Options, that doesn't exist on my system. Instead, I needed to go to Edit->Preferences. Just thought I'd mention it, maybe if someone wants to have a look at the article to verify whether that's different for different OS's or it's just something weird with my system.
makaiguy

Re: Possible correction to Changing Thunderbird default brow

Post by makaiguy »

Tools > Options is the path used by Windows, which is still the OS with the most TBird installations.

Note that Tools > Options is highlighted as a link. If you click on that link it takes you to a page that explains the path differences between operating systems. Different paths exist due to each operating system having its own standard way of doing things to provide uniformity among its installed applications.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
James

Re: Possible correction to Changing Thunderbird default brow

Post by James »

In case you miss that link http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... 2C_and_Mac

The KB articles at support.mozilla.org shows article version based on OS your browser useragent is showing. There is no such option here so when Tool > Options is mentioned in a mozillaZIne KB article it doubles as a link to page to show the menu differences.