What is wrong with Mozilla

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
NashvilleKit2

What is wrong with Mozilla

Post by NashvilleKit2 »

First, I have FF47.0.1 not only crashing and burning itself, but your forum won't even allow me to sign on. I have used this forum in the past and suddenly it says my password is incorrect. So I asked for the "Forgot my password" routine, got the email, copied the temp pswd, and pasted into the login form. It says it is incorrect again!

How can I get any help with FF if I can't even login to the forum? I've been a user of FF for many, many years and it has worked quite well. However, in the last year, I've noticed it is eating up more and more of my CPU. With the latest update (47.0.1) on my Win7-SP1-64k desktop, Task Manager shows three incidences of "firefox.exe *32", each consuming 25% of my CPU causing my entire system to slow to a crawl. Eventually, it caused my system to crash completely. My guess is that it started a fourth process eating up all the rest of the CPU.

After panicking (and working in ultra-safe mode, having to remember all those DOS commands in the recesses of my memory), I backed up my important files and then uninstalled FF. I am now using Chrome which is almost as good as FF used to be, but I'd still like FF back.

After reinstalling FF, when I launch it now it does not respond except to start a 25% process, which I have to kill in Task Manager. HELP!! My real username is NashvilleKit, but it won't let me use that!!!!! What is wrong with you folks??
LIMPET235

Re: What is wrong with Mozilla

Post by LIMPET235 »

I've done a Forced Reactivation, so try again.
Most probably, George, our resident gremlin playing again.
&. "we" are not mozilla.
Just a user-to-user help site.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
James

Re: What is wrong with Mozilla

Post by James »

NashvilleKit2 wrote:My real username is NashvilleKit, but it won't let me use that!
There is a old NashvilleKit account from May 2008 but with zero posts though judging from the IP used to activate account after forced reactivation it looks to be yours.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlis ... e&u=325421

Also it should be obvious enough that this is a independent site and not a forum that is a part of or run by Mozilla as there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page. Mozilla has had their own support forum for some years now for desktop Firefox and then later other things at support.mozilla.org/questions/