Problem with registration

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
LIMPET235

Re: Problem with registration

Post by LIMPET235 »

Glad to finally see you Donald.
Now, your "other", 2nd Account will be de-activated, to stop any more confusion.

&, your Q? should be posted in the Firefox Support forum.
Thank you.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
danielp

Post by danielp »

I am having problems logging in. My username I believe is danp, and my email address is daniel.pincu -at- gmail.com. I have no idea what my password is. When I try and ask for my password to be reset, I do not get a reply. But a message comes up on my screen that says "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found."

How can I get help?
Last edited by LIMPET235 on October 26th, 2016, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the email addy.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The user ID danp is associated with a different email address. Can you tell us how long ago you registered on the forums?
danielP

Post by danielP »

How about this one, danielP! If that is not right, I guess I will set up a new one.
danielP

Post by danielP »

Did not work! Don't you have the ability of me signing in by using my email address? We are just guessing everything else!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't find any member registration using the email address you identified above nor any user ID of danp or danielP. Unless you had a lot of prior posts you might as well set up a new user ID.
James

Post by James »

danielP wrote:How about this one, danielP! If that is not right, I guess I will set up a new one.
Guest posters cannot use a username that is already registered so danielP does not exist on forums.mozillazine.org

The username associated with your email is danspincu and the last posts made was in this thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2894141
danielP

Post by danielP »

I have been trying to log into this discussion, but have not been successful! I have tried DanP and DanielP, with no success. My email is daniel.pincu at gmail. When I just enter my email address, it tells me I need my username, which I obviously do not remember! Isn't there a way to recover a password with just my email address? I have conversed with one of your techs,and he told me that DanP is used by someone other than me, and DanielP is not currently used.

Please explain how I can get onto the discussion without creating a new email address. And please reply by email, otherwise I may never get back on the page with your reply.

Thanks.
Daniel.pincu at gmail
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

danielP wrote:it tells me I need my username, which I obviously do not remember!
You don't need to remember, it's written in the post above yours.

Your username is danspincu
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)