MOZILLA SUPPORT COMMUNITY ??

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
wwwoolf

MOZILLA SUPPORT COMMUNITY ??

Post by wwwoolf »

Is there any link between this community and the Mozilla Support community. I was connected to both but I can never log into the Mozilla support no matter how many times I changed my password. I am so happy this one seems active.

Can anyone tell me how to get notifications for responses to posts?
DanRaisch

Re: MOZILLA SUPPORT COMMUNITY ??

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion.

As it says in the right hand column of this page, "mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated [with] or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation". That means that this forum is not formally associated with the official Mozilla Support pages.

You can confirm that your user profile is set to send you email alerts when a reply is posted to your threads by clicking on the "User Control Panel" link kn the right hand column of this page. Then click on "Board Preferences", then on "Edit Posting Defaults" to make sure that "Notify me upon replies by default" is selected.

Also, when posting, you can select "Notify me when a reply is posted" below the reply entry field and just above the "Preview" and "Support" buttons.
wwwoolf

Post by wwwoolf »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion.

As it says in the right hand column of this page, "mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated [with] or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation". That means that this forum is not formally associated with the official Mozilla Support pages.

You can confirm that your user profile is set to send you email alerts when a reply is posted to your threads by clicking on the "User Control Panel" link kn the right hand column of this page. Then click on "Board Preferences", then on "Edit Posting Defaults" to make sure that "Notify me upon replies by default" is selected.

Also, when posting, you can select "Notify me when a reply is posted" below the reply entry field and just above the "Preview" and "Support" buttons.
thanks...already happier! Now if I can just find out how to get rid of the Osaka prompt...
James

Post by James »

wwwoolf wrote:Is there any link between this community and the Mozilla Support community. I was connected to both but I can never log into the Mozilla support no matter how many times I changed my password.
The independent forums.mozillazine.org has existed since Nov 4th, 2002 while Mozilla's own support site has existed since 2007/2008. Mozilla did make use of this forum until they had their own for desktop Firefox and then more recently others. https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Support- ... ort-Forums

Mozilla recently changed from the custom Kitsune platform they had used for several years to the Lithium platform. The existing accounts and posts were migrated over however the existing account users (before the migration) needs to reset their password to login as passwords were not moved with the accounts. You do a password request and put in the email used for the support.mozilla.org account (not just any email) to then get a email with a link where you can set a new password and then you can sign in.

Is wwwoolf https://support.mozilla.org/t5/user/vie ... -id/436404 your sumo account? as you need to put in the ravenwolf email you used for the account when you put in email for password reset.
wwwoolf

Post by wwwoolf »

I've done that a gazillion times but it always loops me back to" we don't recognize this account, reset password". No matter how many times i reset. It says the reset is successful but then won't let me in. The link you provided is the first time in many months I have seen my user name/info. But I don't see where to change the email without logging in which I can't do.

I havent had any problems with Mozillazine..

I don't know what a sumo account is? I have signed up with 3 different email addresses to bypass the issue, but get the same message with all of them.