Still awaiting activation email

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Need_assistance

Still awaiting activation email

Post by Need_assistance »

I changed both my password and email address yesterday and as expected received a message that the Mozillazine site required verification of the change and that an email had been sent to the email addy I'd provided.

However, I haven't received it yet even though I've re-requested it again several times over.

I created a temporary registration under the name temptemptemp so that I would be able to login and then send a PM to a moderator in the hope of getting the activation link sent to me for the pseudonym I'm already registered with here which is Reflective, but no activation has been received for that either.

The webmail I've switched to is a German company called Tutanota.com I have a premium (paid for) account there and use it to send and receive email every day. They also have an app for both Android and iPhone if anyone else is interested. Users have the option of sending encrypted or unencrypted email.

As a means of identifying myself I can provide the previous email addy I was registered with here if necessary.

Can somebody do the biz and sort this one out please?

Thanks in advance Reflective.
DanRaisch

Re: Still awaiting activation email

Post by DanRaisch »

AFAIK, you won't get an activation email. You can change your password and email address without that happening. Your "Reflective" user name already shows the email domain that you indicated in this thread.
Need_Assistance

Post by Need_Assistance »

DanRaisch wrote:AFAIK, you won't get an activation email. You can change your password and email address without that happening. Your "Reflective" user name already shows the email domain that you indicated in this thread.
This is the message I get when I try to login (as Reflective)

"The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator".

So how do I contact a board administrator?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I forced a reactivation on that user ID so you should get an email from the forums.
Need_Assistance

DanRaisch wrote:I forced a reactivation on that user ID so you should get an email from the forums.
I regret to say that I haven't received the activation email yet.

It sounds to me like something is amiss with the email server.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And your current email address is your forum user ID followed by @ followed by tutanota.de, correct?
Need_Assistance

DanRaisch wrote:And your current email address is your forum user ID followed by @ followed by tutanota.de, correct?
Yes, that's correct.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try logging in again.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

DanRaisch wrote:Try logging in again.
I owe you a drink Dan. Thanks for all your help.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No problem. Glad to see you're "back".