Site logs me out although "Stay logged in checkmarked"

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Reflective

Site logs me out although "Stay logged in checkmarked"

Post by Reflective »

If I merely close the Mozillazine forums tab to exit and then come back later, I'll still be logged in. But when I close Firefox and then return later on I have to log in again even though I've checkmarked the option to stay logged in permanently.

I have FF configured to clear the cache on exit so I assume the data to stay logged in while FF is still running maintains my logged in state. However, it's never been a problem in the past.

I can't find anything in the UCP which can be used to stay logged in permanently.

Is this a new Mozillazine policy to log users out regardless of whatever login choices have been made?
Brummelchen

Re: Site logs me out although "Stay logged in checkmarked"

Post by Brummelchen »

check your cookie settings, no problem here. (at least 4 cookies)
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Brummelchen wrote:check your cookie settings, no problem here. (at least 4 cookies)
There's nothing wrong with my cookie settings (also 4 cookies).

Getting all sorts of weird messages now all of a sudden with one this morning suggesting I had exceeded the number of login attempts even though it was the first one together with this odd aberration yesterday: https://i.imgur.com/NMJ4TJx.png

Does this mean somebody else is attempting to login as me? I don't see what they would have to gain by doing so since it's only a message board.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

None of the above.....AFAICT.
It's most probably down to our Green Gremlin rearing up again.
I received the same "error" months ago, but nothing I tried, as suggested....worked.
Your IP is not on the banned list.

Anyway, I'm fine again, now.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

it sometimes log me off when changing computer or browsers, very few a banned message in the last years, whyever - new auto-login and done.
thats why i asked for your cookie settings because i use several browsers and none of them hat a log off problem.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Brummelchen wrote:it sometimes log me off when changing computer or browsers, very few a banned message in the last years, whyever - new auto-login and done.
thats why i asked for your cookie settings because i use several browsers and none of them hat a log off problem.
This problem for me seems to be linked to changes I made to my login p/w and email addy. At the time I didn't receive the reactivation email and couldn't log in anymore for about a week. I eventually posted here about that issue and Dan Raisch thankfully sorted it out for me eventually.

I've tried deleting the Mozillazine cookies altogether so that a new set will be created, but that hasn't helped either. I guess it's the green gremlin problem that Limpet described or maybe one of the about:config changes I've made has caused it or maybe it's just the weather.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

then delete all cookies and start from scratch with your new settings, that sometimes happens when changing mail or pass.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Brummelchen wrote:then delete all cookies and start from scratch with your new settings, that sometimes happens when changing mail or pass.
What makes you think that cookies for German or Dutch sites would influence the way a cookie for a US site would behave?