Complain and we shall suspend you

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
jsjag

Complain and we shall suspend you

Post by jsjag »

Today I wanted to see if there are more complaints about FF 57 I solved mine by rolling back. But what did I find but a private message. "If you are going to bitch go to some other forum, NOT SUPPORT. Any more and I will give a a short vacation."

Ha ha ha ha!!! How hard can I laugh. Really!?!??! A threat to kick me off because I am complaining. I think that with FF57 I am seeing a lot of complaints.

I was once a board moderator on a Jaguar forum, there were 16 different boards and about 9 different moderators. To be suspended -- threatened another person and that was it. Complaining --- ha there was plenty of that coming from people who drove Jaguars. I finally broke that 20 year habit.

I come here once in a great while when there is a problem. I'm not filling the site with daily complaints and unless you have sent a PM threat of suspension to all posters that have been complaining, I take this as a personal threat.

Maybe MozillaZine need what the Jag site had, a forum for people to talk like they would in a pub? Then all complaints can be heard in the pub? :)

Before the 3 posts I made this week my last post was Mar Fri 17th 2017. Boy I don't know what I'll do with the worry I shall carry all day and the fear of getting kicked off. Fan Boys do take this stuff personally don't they?
Grumpus

Re: Complain and we shall suspend you

Post by Grumpus »

Has nothing to do with Fan Boys.
If you want to grouse go into After Dark and look for an appropriate thread or start one.
Support is for a fix, general is still for a fix but with less tech.
Some of the others are self explanatory.

That said, Have a nice day. :-({|=
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
jsjag

Post by jsjag »

I agree. But as an ex-moderator on a worldwide car forum, there is leeway to be given. A notice would need to be sent to many people at this moment. I'm looking at posts from a lot of people that are not happy and that should be expected from this recent 57 issue. Leeway should be given and a few words of complaint...big deal.

I don't post often and my first post was in 2005. I have found this forum to be the most thin skinned forum that I ever visit. Not sure why and it is not anecdotal evidence.

Now that I've rolled back to 56 I have not problems to present.

MozillaZine should have a pub forum where you can send the "complainers." :) That way if a moderator gets a bug up his """" they say take it to the pub. End of story.

Grumpus wrote:Has nothing to do with Fan Boys.
If you want to grouse go into After Dark and look for an appropriate thread or start one.
Support is for a fix, general is still for a fix but with less tech.
Some of the others are self explanatory.

That said, Have a nice day. :-({|=
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Leeway creates confusion and opens up real support threads to off-topic or thread misdirections.
The Mods here are just trying to keep a format as uncluttered with detritus like this thread.
Could have been posted in the Mozillazine Site Thread or in After Dark which was suggested.
Some of us have been posting here since 2005 under other monikers.
Is what you are posting helping anyone but yourself, if that? :-k
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
jsjag

Post by jsjag »

What is this After Dark you speak of?
Grumpus wrote:Leeway creates confusion and opens up real support threads to off-topic or thread misdirections.
The Mods here are just trying to keep a format as uncluttered with detritus like this thread.
Could have been posted in the Mozillazine Site Thread or in After Dark which was suggested.
Some of us have been posting here since 2005 under other monikers.
Is what you are posting helping anyone but yourself, if that? :-k
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

On the Index page for the 'zine - bottom of the list just above locked posts.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Site Discussion
jsjag

Post by jsjag »

Thanks. I'll give a look for it. :)
Grumpus wrote:On the Index page for the 'zine - bottom of the list just above locked posts.
jsjag

Post by jsjag »

Found it. :)
Grumpus wrote:On the Index page for the 'zine - bottom of the list just above locked posts.
James

Post by James »

jsjag wrote:perhaps complaining and pressure may get them to listen to the end user.
Doing such here on this independent forum will only get people annoyed at you at minimum compared to the tiny chance Mozilla will see it.
jsjag

Post by jsjag »

Well just like when I was a moderator there are some, a few that are always the ones that get annoyed. Since 2005 I could name the ones that always get annoyed. Seems that the people who post aren't telling other posters to keep quiet. There are always a few that will hit the complain button. When I was a moderator there was one guy, so thin skinned that if you even mentioned in a negative way, his year of Jaguar --- he was off to complain to the moderators. Finally after discussion with the admins it was decided to block him out. Nobody else was getting upset about the issue, only him.

I looked back over many of my past posts and my "complaints" were also "complaints" that other people were having.

So for the time I will use Waterfox and after the dust settles I'll update FF. But seriously if someone says they don't like a feature, how can I get around it, from my experience as a moderator there should be no problem. Unless someone posts about it every day for an extended period and then you must step in the After Dark. Looking at all the hoop-la this change to 57 hasn't gone well for a lot of people. There are other forums that have many ticked off people about the change.

Just y thought here on the Dark
James wrote:
jsjag wrote:perhaps complaining and pressure may get them to listen to the end user.
Doing such here on this independent forum will only get people annoyed at you at minimum compared to the tiny chance Mozilla will see it.
AlbertRoss

Post by AlbertRoss »

The vast majority of Mods here at MozillaZine have always been patient and reasonable, and shouting "I WAS ONCE A BOARD MODERATOR" won't ever prove anything more than you were possibly once a board moderator somewhere else. Means nothing tbh.

Pffftttt

May as well take the opportunity to wish the Mods here some early Seasonal Greetings! Keep on pointing 'em at the sidebar you lovely lovely people! This place will always be the first port of call when it's needed XXX ;o)