Logged in as Google (Ads Bot)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Grumpus

Logged in as Google (Ads Bot)

Post by Grumpus »

First time for this one, somehow got logged in as the Google Ads bot when this is blocked.
Have been logged in as the Google Bot but never the ads bot.
I'm thinking Google needs to look at their ads system as it appears some of the ads may be malicious.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
v1adimir

Re: Logged in as Google (Ads Bot)

Post by v1adimir »

Just noticed this one, "some of the ads"? Hah! Adblock Plus had started the original revolution, integrating ad-blocking with the browser - and we no longer had to use localhost proxies for content and script filtering - and, these days, we're usually using uBlock Origin, right? I have no idea who (in their right mind) wouldn't be blocking (all!) ads today!..:)

One example, who remembers the wonderful (!) piece of software, "Proxomitron" and there were a few other, great, ones 2. Anyway, until Google (will probably do it first) invents a way to serve ads through the (1st party) domain... Until then, it's like in the film, "Dude, Where's My Car":
WTF is the -Internet- ads!
xD

EDIT: Which reminds me of, just, how AWESOME Firefox is... The about:config settings allow us to, in effect, be able to filter content like with 3rd party specialized software by turning off a BUNCH of stuff - and hopefully we're to have these abilities far into the future (or, you know, we'll end up ditching it at some point.)

*pop-ups, unders, JavaScript events, tracking and telemetry, exchange of information with anything other than the site we're visiting, "offline data" (LMAO, what a concept) and so on and so forth; every once in a while Mozilla removes more and more control from users - by, either, hiding things from interface menus, or integrating (and compiling with the browser) things that nobody wants, or needs - but, so far we can still fight back and keep Firefox as a useful tool and not a (privacy-invading, tracking, spying) hindrance. =)
Grumpus

Re: Logged in as Google (Ads Bot)

Post by Grumpus »

We have new entry in the "Logged in as . . . " bunch - YaCY
Showed up when clicking on the icon for Mozillazine after leaving the register.
I think it's marketing, trying to create a prescence. [-X
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you