REGISTRATION A JOKE

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
pleasejust

REGISTRATION A JOKE

Post by pleasejust »

I'm calmer now that I managed to solve the ridiculous registration word puzzle, but I was ready to murder an infant. WHY in HELL does registration have to be like this at all? Why is there no tolerance to wrong password? IT'S A STUPID HELP FORUM NOT A PLACE TO STORE CREDIT CARD NUMBERS!
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 11th, 2018, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language.
LIMPET235

Re: REGISTRATION A JOKE

Post by LIMPET235 »

Excuse me, but what do you mean by "store your credit card #"?
There's no such need for that type of info required to register here.
You only need to enter the number 6 AFAIK....not 7.

&.....It's not a "stupid help forum."
You may like to try the "official site"...
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
theshadowofgold

Post by theshadowofgold »

Mods can't change the registration word puzzle. It's been discussed for a while that they still don't have admin privileges.

Rumors have it that the admins are too busy writing reviews and test-driving Teslas.
pleasejust wrote:I was ready to murder an infant.
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 9th, 2018, 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic content deleted.
I came back to see if there were more fries
James

Post by James »

theshadowofgold wrote:Mods can't change the registration word puzzle. It's been discussed for a while that they still don't have admin privileges.

Rumors have it that the admins are too busy writing reviews and test-driving Teslas.
Well the Mods do technically have limited Admin abilities for purpose of dealing with accounts but not anything forum software.

The sole Admin/owner is busy with life and work at Google (still with Chrome browsers stuff I think).

A change is coming though.
v1adimir

Post by v1adimir »

LIMPET235 wrote:[..] what do you mean by "store your credit card #"
Err, pretty sure that had been a (nice, LoL) joke! Just btw., THANK GOD, at least it's not a (Google) reCAPTCHA where admins don't change the default settings and we're presented with ENDLESS dialogs of images to go through; as if a spam /bot account is a matter of national security, LMAO (grr, ffs., can't express my grievances with those through words. :))

EDIT:
James wrote:A change is coming though.
Fingers crossed! .3
vladr

Post by vladr »

The registration IS retarded. "How many letters in the word Mozilla" -- apparently the answer is 6 (!). Sheesh.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
The subject has been "done-to-death" & the Q? should be..."How many unique characters...."
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi,
The subject has been "done-to-death"
I agree and don't see any benefit in additional replies pointing out the same issue so I'm locking this. Folks will still be able to find this thread and read the information here but no new posts will be possible.