email notifications - Solved

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
fdhealy4

email notifications - Solved

Post by fdhealy4 »

Where can I check to make sure I get an email when someone answers my post?
Last edited by fdhealy4 on February 13th, 2020, 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
smsmith

Re: email notifications

Post by smsmith »

At the top of the page of the thread you want to receive notifications, click the "Subscribe topic" link.

When creating a new thread/post, in the area between the part were you type your message and the Submit button there are some checkboxes. One of them is "Notify me when a reply is posted". Turn that on before hitting submit.

In your User Control Panel (in the sidebar on the right hand side of the page), go to the Board Preferences tab, Edit Posting Defaults and change the default to "Notify me upon replies by default". After your next post, THAT post will send you emails after a reply. It does not change previous posts. For that you would need to either post in the thread again or subscribe to the page.

Moving to Mozillazine Discussion...
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.