Unable to login into existing account

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
seges7

Unable to login into existing account

Post by seges7 »

I found it impossible to login - so had to create a new account.

On the very first attempt to login I got the message: "You have exceeded the maximum number of login attempts" - so one attempt is "maximum"?

I have not logged into the forum in probably 10+ years or more - so I can't see any carryover of some kind of problem with attempts (I use another browser 99% of the time).

I was then requested to respond to a CAPTCHA process - but no matter what I get the same message as above regarding "maximum attempts".

So I try "activating" this account - I get the message it is already activated.

I know that I am entering the correct UID and Password.

So I've created new account to enter this post.

Also when I created this account - I was not allowed to enter the UID of the account that tells me I've "exceeded the maximum login attempts" - because it already exists - also the email address associated with this account cannot be used because it's been used.

Yep - the UID and email address have been used - BY ME!!!

But I can't login to an account that I own because ONE ATTEMPT to login is too many!!!!

So how is one supposed to be able to use an account of theirs that is clearly on file - when all they get is "maximum login attempt" messages? #-o

I've tried clearing all cookies for the forum and browser cache - but same message regarding "maximum login attempts" for the account I would like to use....

Any help appreciated.

Addendum: I should add that this same issue occurs in the current release of Firefox.
DanRaisch

Re: Unable to login into existing account

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you certain that the account was on these forums and not on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/