My new account went inactive

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Allen B2

My new account went inactive

Post by Allen B2 »

I had made a post, it was waiting for moderation.
LIMPET235

Re: My new account went inactive

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Try logging in again, as Allen B.
I accidentally de-activted your Acct.
Sorry 'bout that.

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Allen B

Post by Allen B »

Thank you kind sir.

Was my image attached badly? It's my first time using ibb to link an image.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I cannot say, as I did not try to look at the image.
It should have been fine, but the post was removed.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
v.v

Post by v.v »

On Monday 9-20-21 I sent the following message to: forums@mozillazine.org . I am not sure if that was the proper place . But I will post that message here.

(Also, the correct user name that I have is "v_v" not "v.v".)

----------
I registered for my account on Saturday 9-18-2021. I did receive the activation link and was able to log in. After I finished writing a response to one of the posts I was unable to post it because either I had been logged out or timed out or ??? When I tried to log in again my account said "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." Thinking that I needed to re-activate for some reason I tried to "resend activation e-mail". Then I received the following message "Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator."

???

Please assist.

v_v
----------

[For a new but inactivated member it is very hard to find out how to contact a forum administrator. When searching for the proper method the search wording apparently has to be just right. Today when I used "how to contact administrator" the following topic "How to contact Administrators PRIOR to Account Activation???" appeared. When I tried on Saturday, 9-18-21 I do not think that result was available.]
James

Post by James »

The v_v account should be active now.

edit looks like the account works now. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14904115