Cannot reset password

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
zlloyd1

Cannot reset password

Post by zlloyd1 »

I was unable to login to this site, even though I have been a registered member since 2013, so I had to get a randomized password Emailed to me in order to login, with the understanding that I could just change it once logged in, but this was not the case, and now I am stuck with the random password sent to me.... ](*,)
I went to User Control Panel > Profile page > Edit Account Settings then entered the current randomized password, followed by a new password of my choosing, but when I tried to login using the new password it gave me an error message about it. So, I tried instead to login again with the randomized password provided, but that gave me yet another error message that said I had exceeded my number of attempts, which meant I had to enter my username / password again on top of filling out a Captcha to prove I was human. :-" Then, after a few tries, it let me in with the random password correctly. :roll:
I am confused here, because I followed the instructions as they were sent to me in the Email, but it did not work. :?: I am writing this here because the message said if I had problems to contact the board administrator, but I have no clue who that is, nor how to contact them. #-o
Is this just normal on this forum site, that it is administrated poorly, and is filled with bugs, as I know the majority of online forum sites are, or am I doing something wrong here?? 8-[
Thanks in advance!!
zlloyd1

Re: Cannot reset password

Post by zlloyd1 »

Alright I think I got it to work now, but there is yet ANOTHER BUG on the site after FINALLY getting to reset my password....
I went to View your posts link provided, in order to see this posting, but instead of taking me to the page, it opened this error page -
[GENERAL ERROR

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'mozine_forums.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists
.' :?: :? :?:

As stated in my original post, I have no idea how to contact Board Administrator here, so I can only post my question here in the forums, and hope for some resolution. Can someone, ANYONE, explain to me what is wrong with this website PLEASE??
Again, Thanks in advance!!

PS. Apparently, this is an ongoing issue with the website that is centered around the links that allow you to 'View your posts' because anytime you click on one of those links you get taken to the sql error page above. :oops: :x :oops: :x
DanRaisch

Re: Cannot reset password

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking as, effectively, a duplicate of http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3078542