Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
oliversl

Post by oliversl »

Hi,
I have a litle sugestion.
I usually set to receive emails when someone reply to my topic.
I get an email from jason@mozillazine.org
Maybe it is easy to change this header:

to something like this:
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

IMHO, it shouldn't coming from "jason@mozillazine.org" at all. It should be "forums@mozillazine.org" or something like that.
oliversl

Post by oliversl »

I got an email from jason when you replied to this topic.
To try, mark "Notify me when a reply is posted" in your next reply.
Tks
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

Yes, I know. All private emails come from "jason" (I'm getting even more confused here than I should be since that's my name too) rather than from something more "appropriate" - like "private_message" or "notify". With a person's name you think it actually is from THEM rather than just an auto-mailbox.
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

JBassford wrote:IMHO, it shouldn't coming from "jason@mozillazine.org" at all. It should be "forums@mozillazine.org" or something like that.

The address could be changed to something like forums@mozillazine.org but that's not a real addresss. I'm not sure if email sent to it would bounce or go to some default mailbox. I suppose something could always be added to the footer (the bit that says "Thanks, The MozillaZine Admins" and used to say "Thanks, The Management") telling people not to reply to the emails.
Alex
dakboy

Post by dakboy »

Alex Bishop wrote:
JBassford wrote:IMHO, it shouldn't coming from "jason@mozillazine.org" at all. It should be "forums@mozillazine.org" or something like that.

The address could be changed to something like forums@mozillazine.org but that's not a real addresss. I'm not sure if email sent to it would bounce or go to some default mailbox.
Could the address be set up to forward to Jason, or the MZ Admins, or some other appropriate person/group - making it a real address?
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

dakboy wrote:Could the address be set up to forward to Jason, or the MZ Admins, or some other appropriate person/group - making it a real address?

I imagine so.
Alex
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

darkboy wrote:Could the address be set up to forward to Jason, or the MZ Admins, or some other appropriate person/group - making it a real address?

It shouldn't go anywhere. It should be for outgoing, notification mail only. Assuming it's running on *NIX, there should be a simple .forward or .procmailrc rule dumping any incoming mail to /dev/null.