Browser detection for the right forum

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
bdeonline

Browser detection for the right forum

Post by bdeonline »

How about using a browser sniffer or some script to find out what browser people are using so that Phoenix people can see only Phoenix forums and Mozilla people Mozilla forums. And people having other browsers go to there apropriate forums. And ones with out a forum can see the regular page, but also making a simple way to allow others to go between one another.

This would help new members from going to the wrong forum, but still allowing people to move freely through the message forums.
dakboy

Re: Browser detection for the right forum

Post by dakboy »

bdeonline wrote:How about using a browser sniffer or some script to find out what browser people are using so that Phoenix people can see only Phoenix forums and Mozilla people Mozilla forums
Only if there is a very, very, very obvious override. I use Mozilla, but I want to see other forums.
willll

Post by willll »

how bout that user of phoenix are first directed to the phoenix forums but can view any other forum by clicking on the respective link
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

"how bout that user of phoenix are first directed to the phoenix forums but can view any other forum by clicking on the respective link"

That is a good suggestion better than my idea.
amr

Post by amr »

Put me down in favor of that one, as well.

I personally wouldn't mind if I never saw the Phoenix forums, but I understand that some people may want to see those forums.