Can't log in :(

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
knil

Can't log in :(

Post by knil »

I can't log in and 'it' said to post here and someone will help me.
HELP :) My user name is linkot but I can't use it because it's already taken ;)
James

Post by James »

You should be able to log in now.

Normally you would get a activation email at the email address you used to register with.

Post by Guest »

me too...?
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

Sure. The Amazing Kreskin will now read your mind to divine your username. Uh, uh....got it! You should be able to log in now.

Post by Guest »

I couldn't remember my password so I re-registered.... and re-registered... and re-registered. I still cannot access my profile or post information: I log in and it just returns me to the log in screen. What's the deal?

Post by Guest »

I mean, not re-registered, but re-activiated and received the following message:

===========
Hello ******

You are receiving this email because you have (or someone pretending to be you has) requested a new password be sent for your account on MozillaZine. If you did not request this email then please ignore it, if you keep receiving it please contact the board administrator.

To use the new password you need to activate it. To do this click the link provided below.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/profile.p ... **********

If sucessful you will be able to login using the following password:

Password: **********

You can of course change this password yourself via the profile page. If you have any difficulties please contact the board administrator.

-- Thanks, The MozillaZine Admins

==============
Nevertheless, in spite of everything else apparently working properly, I could not access my profile or post information. I was just sent on an endless loop: log in to see the log in screen again.
James

Post by James »

And your username is?

Post by Guest »

I figured it out, James. And I am the one with the red face too who owes you and these forums an apology. I recently downloaded and installed the Google Web Accelerator. It suddenly occurred to me that it might be blocking access by serving as a proxy. Sure enough. I clicked "don't accelerate this website" and was able to log in. I am too embarrassed to reveal my user name now-- :( --let's just say that after troubleshooting (and getting nowhere) these last 12 hours or so, I am slightly more reactionary than usual. And hey, all's well that ends well, right? ;)