you can't hide this element

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
KRC4E2

you can't hide this element

Post by KRC4E2 »

steviex

Post by steviex »

Moving to Site Discussion.....

Unlikely as it is not an ad... it is a part of the workings of the site, containing links to the knowledge base, and various other mozillazine items.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

This is best hidden using userContent.css. That particular part doesn't have an ID, though, so I guess it'd take some advanced CSS to select it to hide.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I think I saw a GreaseMonkey script that will hide it...
old np

Post by old np »

Code: Select all

#sidebar > A:first-child + DIV + DIV + DIV { display: none !important; }
steviex

Post by steviex »

Unlikely until np finds a snippet of code that does the job.... Hehe (corrected as usual)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
James

Post by James »

I use to have the useful links from the sidebar (pretty much what is in top box) in a thin line at top using userContent.css tweaks, but once I got a 20.1 widescreen at 1680x1050 I put most of the side bar back on right to make it so the forum is not as wide. I also do userContent.css tweaks to give the forum a black/grey background rather than the bright white and green look.
Gree Smunky

Post by Gree Smunky »

with GreaseMonkey, YES you can toggle the sidebar on/off.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/1262
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

<a href="javascript:var disp=%22table-cell%22,node=document.getElementById(%22sidebar%22);style=node.style.display; if (style==%22table-cell%22)disp=%22none%22;void(node.style.display=disp);">Toggle Sidebar</a>

The above is a bookmarklet - just drag that link to your Bookmark Toolbar Folder. Yes, the whole "column" disappears, but I ain't jumping through no hoops on this one.

That one came from dickvl, and there are many other useful bookmarklets listed in, er, the bookmarklet thread in the Tech Forum.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

You could probably use Remove It Permanently to remove that.
c4e2

Post by c4e2 »

not all, but pretty close

. . . . . . . . . .Image