unable to logout

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
tve

unable to logout

Post by tve »

I can't logout.. when I click on the Logout link, it just refreshes the page and I'm still logged in.. I have this problem for several weeks now.

anyone else with this problem? it's working fine on all other phpBB's...
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
Radiowriter

Re: unable to logout

Post by Radiowriter »

tve wrote:...anyone else with this problem?
It works for me, two-legge...I mean, tve! I'm able to logout successfully with Mozilla 1.2.1 on Win98 and 1.3b on Linux. You use Phoenix, though, and I'm not sure about that.

PS: What's up with the name change (since nobody else is asking)? Thanks for keeping the avatar though. It's a favorite!
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
tve

Post by tve »

Radiowriter wrote:
tve wrote:...anyone else with this problem?
It works for me, two-legge...I mean, tve! I'm able to logout successfully with Mozilla 1.2.1 on Win98 and 1.3b on Linux. You use Phoenix, though, and I'm not sure about that.

strange, I tried it now also in IE6 and it's working fine... dont have this problem on any other phpBB with Phoenix..
Radiowriter wrote:PS: What's up with the name change (since nobody else is asking)? Thanks for keeping the avatar though. It's a favorite!

I was a bit bored of two legged freak, and "tve" are the first letters of my first and last name :)

as for the avatar, I even got emails from people telling me how beautiful *<b>I</b>* am 0_o
scragz

Post by scragz »

You're beautiful.
tve

Post by tve »

scragz wrote:You're beautiful.

yeah I know, but its not me :D
moronicbajebus

Post by moronicbajebus »

Codeman

Post by Codeman »

tve wrote:I can't logout..

Yeah I can confirm that... I am using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030221 Phoenix/0.5 and I cannot logout either.
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

Tried deleting your mozillazine.org cookies?
Alex
Codeman

Post by Codeman »

Alex Bishop wrote:Tried deleting your mozillazine.org cookies?

Hmm... tried that and it worked... maybe it had to with the fact that there were two? One under mozillazine.org and another www.mozillazine.org?
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

Codeman wrote:
Alex Bishop wrote:Tried deleting your mozillazine.org cookies?

Hmm... tried that and it worked... maybe it had to with the fact that there were two? One under mozillazine.org and another www.mozillazine.org?

The domain for the cookie that phpBB uses was changed from www.mozillazine.org to mozillazine.org recently at the request of some users (works better for those who prefer to surf without the 'w's). Your old www.mozillazine.org cookie will still be hanging around (until it expires or you delete it) but whether that's the cause of the problems, I don't know.
Alex
tve

Post by tve »

I tried deleting the cookies already a few days ago, but it didnt work, because I havent noticed that there are two different pairs of cookies (with and without "www")... now I deleted both and I can logout again :)
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

tve wrote:I tried deleting the cookies already a few days ago, but it didnt work, because I havent noticed that there are two different pairs of cookies (with and without "www")... now I deleted both and I can logout again :)

Yeah, sorry. I didn't realise changing the cookie domain would cause so many problems. Everything worked fine for me but of course I was logged in at the time. I say we blame Kerz, because he set the domain wrong in the first place. :-p
Alex
tve

Post by tve »

Alex Bishop wrote:I say we blame Kerz, because he set the domain wrong in the first place. :-p

fine with me :-)