Camino 2.0b4 RC, please test [do not post to update sites]

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Camino 2.0b4 RC, please test [do not post to update sites]

Post by Uncle Asad »

We have the first (and hopefully only) release candidate build for our final beta, Camino 2.0b4, ready now. Please help us test this build and report any problems (particularly any reproducible crashes or regressions from 2.0b3) that you find.

Thanks for your help!

Camino 2.0b4 RC

PLEASE do not post this release to MacUpdate, VersionTracker, iusethis, or other "update sites."
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
phiw13

Re: Camino 2.0b4 RC, please test [do not post to update sites]

Post by phiw13 »

Unless something has gone wrong while tagging this build, it should be a nice one.
I particularly like one of the latest checkins that went in yesterday (I'll leave it as an exercise to the attend reader to discover it :-)).
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

phiw13 wrote:Unless something has gone wrong while tagging this build

I certainly hope that didn't happen!
phiw13 wrote:I particularly like one of the latest checkins that went in yesterday (I'll leave it as an exercise to the attend reader to discover it :-)).

That's somewhat unfair; I can't remember the latest checkins, and I made half of them :P ;)
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
thom-22

Post by thom-22 »

Hey, I'm out of town, no Mac, no Camino. But I'm sure the RC is as stable as the pre's have been. And I've been trying to crash them, messing with the font issue and the stuck sheet button issue. :)

I did have a chance to use Full Content Zoom with the smaller increment -- that's sooo much better. Thanks for addressing that.
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Lisa's Applescripts for Camino
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Uncle Asad wrote:
phiw13 wrote:Unless something has gone wrong while tagging this build

I certainly hope that didn't happen!
phiw13 wrote:I particularly like one of the latest checkins that went in yesterday (I'll leave it as an exercise to the attend reader to discover it :-)).

That's somewhat unfair; I can't remember the latest checkins, and I made half of them :P ;)

Ok then:
Uncle Asad wrote:[12:53pm] ardissone: fun fonts tab done; no more advanced sheet

source; and with more details: bonsai source.
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this, but I just ran into my first issue with this RC release. And it happens to be regarding a flakey forum I belong to.

When I sign in, the page refreshes and I'm still at 'Guest' status. Now my sign-in info is in my Keychain, and has consistently worked perfectly with Camino 1.6.7 - 1.6.9. I have to say, though, that this forum sign-in crashed 2.0b3 just after I had signed in. Naturally, I went back to the usual release of Camino. I will be doing that now too.

If anyone wants MORE information to attempt to replicate this, you have my email, so contact me and I'll be happy to assist. Thanks!

/U
MrWizard81

Post by MrWizard81 »

Here is something to check out that I ran into.

2 things.

1. Is that little thing that sticks out at the typing stick ( I don't know it's name ) I remember Gecko having the issue, don't know if it was ever fixed.

2. Is on Facebook. Here is an image:

http://img171.imageshack.us/i/caminofberror.tif/

Notice the "Boxes" tab.

I also might mention, I used FotoFlexer earlier and when I went to upload a photo file ( following a previous uploaded picture ) to click on upload from my computer wasn't responding, I had to close out and re-open.

*EDIT*

Just came across another, on a game I play called Evony.

It's a JAVA Based game from what I can tell.

Here is the image

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/evonycamino.tif/

Otherwise, so far so good... \o/
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

upkeep wrote:I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this, but I just ran into my first issue with this RC release. And it happens to be regarding a flakey forum I belong to.

When I sign in, the page refreshes and I'm still at 'Guest' status. Now my sign-in info is in my Keychain, and has consistently worked perfectly with Camino 1.6.7 - 1.6.9. I have to say, though, that this forum sign-in crashed 2.0b3 just after I had signed in. Naturally, I went back to the usual release of Camino. I will be doing that now too.

Things to try:
1. test with a fresh profile. Troubleshoot Camino is an utility that can help with that.
2. If the above works fine, try again with your normal profile, but first, delete all cookies that belong to the offending site (Preferences > Privacy > Show Cookies, and filter with the domain name). Make sure you have Camino set to accept cookies for that site.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

MrWizard81 wrote:1. Is that little thing that sticks out at the typing stick ( I don't know it's name ) I remember Gecko having the issue, don't know if it was ever fixed.

It is called a caret, and it is present when the page contains non-roman characters, like in the left-column for the original poster.

No idea about the FaceBook issue.
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

phiw13 wrote:Things to try:
1. test with a fresh profile. Troubleshoot Camino is an utility that can help with that.
2. If the above works fine, try again with your normal profile, but first, delete all cookies that belong to the offending site (Preferences > Privacy > Show Cookies, and filter with the domain name). Make sure you have Camino set to accept cookies for that site.

Thanx for the tip. I will give this a try in a day or so. Meanwhile, just so you guys are aware, this issue of sign-in happened with a forum that says it is: "Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group -- Designed for Trushkin.net | Themes Database" if that is any help. I find that some of these places are all a bit different and can be somewhat dodgy at times.

Like I said earlier though -- no problems with Camino 1.6.7 - 1.6.9 whatsoever.

/U
ishermandom

Post by ishermandom »

MrWizard81 wrote:2. Is on Facebook. Here is an image:

http://img171.imageshack.us/i/caminofberror.tif/

Notice the "Boxes" tab.

Weird, I don't see that. Does it show up consistently? Can you try force-reloading (shift-cmd-R) the page?
manuchao

Got one non-reproducible crash with 2.0b4RC

Post by manuchao »

Reported via CrashReporter. I have been running 2.0 nightlies since last November and the occasional crash has happened throughout.

EDIT: Somehow the subject line does not show for me, so here it is: Got one non-reproducible crash with 2.0b4RC

EDIT 2: More fun to come: Camino crashed while finishing to load the Gmail login page (https version). After the crash, all menubarlets are gone and I cannot drag new ones onto it. Same for the bookmarks themselves. The blue loading bar seems to move left and right in its alloted space. I'm off to http://pimpmycamino.com/parts/troubleshoot-camino.

EDIT 3: Restored my Camino folder from ~/Library/Application Support from two weeks ago. So far so good.
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

Thanks for reporting the crashes. Based on the reports, there's nothing terribly interesting (something in Gecko), but we have all of 2 crashes in all of 2.0b4 so far, so it's hard to say ;)

When you crash, it's always helpful if you can put some information in the Camino Crash Reporter's comments field so we can have some idea of what's going on when you crash. For the most part Camino crashes happen in Gecko, not in our own browser code, so it's very hard to tell what's going on from just the crash log. (Sometimes it's hard to tell what's happening in crashes in our own code if the crash is happening close to the OS, so comments are really always useful.)

Even if it's a one-off crash you can't reproduce, a bunch of people providing comments with their crashes significantly increases the chance of making something actionable out of the report(s).

I need to write a more detailed post again about crash reporting, but I haven't had the time yet.