Camino Builds w/Custom BM Bar [PPC7450, 1.8 Branch, 10.4+]

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

The 7455 is considered (by gcc, the compiler) to be in the same family as the 7450, so these builds are the ones you want, Martin. Of course, you're more than welcome to build it yourself, too, using the same instructions as are linked here.

nufferkay: The 05 Jan build works fine for me; try it with a clean profile (rename your ~/Library/Application Support/Camino folder to something else and re-open Camino).

cl
Martin_Lee

Post by Martin_Lee »

thanks for the reply, I just do graphics Id have no idea where to start with building it myself.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

I was in the same boat a month ago ;)

BTW, has anyone else noticed that these optimised builds have fixed a longstanding bug in Camino? The bug they've fixed is the one where fonts below a certain size aren't bolded, even if surrounded by B or STRONG tags. Instead, they're displayed in a slightly different font face. The optimised builds (both the ones Dave is hosting, and ones I've built myself using the same .mozconfig file) do not have this bug, which makes me wonder if maybe it's being fixed by the -mpowerpc-gfxopt optimisation (which optimises graphics routines).

cl
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

1/8

Sorry for the delay, been having computer problems... Ended up reformatting
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

1/9
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

1/10
wrc_fan

Post by wrc_fan »

in case anyone wants since i'm having trouble accessing davedit's site, i built an optimized camino for G4 today. you can grab it here: http://mbencher.ilnm.com/camino/
herbs

Post by herbs »

Howdy,

For the first time in along time I couldn't get Caminicon to replace the throbber icons with the gears available at jasper's (japser's) site <http://www.jasperhauser.nl/camino/> with the 1/10 special build. I like the bolder look of those but a larger/heavier version of the regular throbber would be nice; with the small icons the regular one is just too tiny and dim.

By the way, the fact that the process/thread(?) that loads the favicons runs MUCH faster makes this build, by itself, very worthwhile. Thanks!!!!

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Not quite sure why some people have problems accessing my site... Or why the throbber icon wouldn't replace with Caminicon :/ But ya I agree, I think the default throbber is too dim and tiny

1/11 is up

By the way, there's been a widespread problem recently for people with running Stuffit applications (Expander, Deluxe, DropStuff, DropZip, DropTar). I bring this up because I have Camino auto-open files, and they weren't opening. Stuffit Expander kept bouncing forever. This is because they have an auto version check at launch. However, the Alladin servers are/were down, so they'd get stuck and wouldn't launch. To fix this problem, type each of these lines into your Terminal (pressing return after each line):

defaults write com.stuffit.Expander allowVersionChecking -bool NO
defaults write com.stuffit.Deluxe allowVersionChecking -bool NO
defaults write com.stuffit.DropStuff allowVersionChecking -bool NO
defaults write com.stuffit.DropTar allowVersionChecking -bool NO
defaults write com.stuffit.DropZip allowVersionChecking -bool NO

It turns the version checking off, which results in the apps not only being able to launch, but also launching faster.

(Thanks to the staff and users from MacFixIt)
Tobsen

Post by Tobsen »

For me it seems that your server is not reachable from any Arcor DSL connection here in Germany :(
Is your Server blocking some ISPs?
herbs

Post by herbs »

davedit wrote:Not quite sure why some people have problems accessing my site... Or why the throbber icon wouldn't replace with Caminicon :/ But ya I agree, I think the default throbber is too dim and tiny

Howdy,

I'm not sure it's this build but rather the daily. Again, not a big deal.

Also, I haven't had a problem with access.

davedit wrote:By the way, there's been a widespread problem recently for people with running Stuffit applications (Expander, Deluxe, DropStuff, DropZip, DropTar). I bring this up because I have Camino auto-open files, and they weren't opening. Stuffit Expander kept bouncing forever. This is because they have an auto version check at launch. However, the Alladin servers are/were down, so they'd get stuck and wouldn't launch. To fix this problem, type each of these lines into your Terminal (pressing return after each line): ...

I think only Expander, Dropstuff and Deluxe have that option so there is no need to deal with the others.

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Tobsen wrote:Is your Server blocking some ISPs?

Hmm, I have no idea. It's just some free web space that a friend gave me, hosted out of Texas I believe. I'll have to ask my friend to see if he knows... :(

herbs wrote:I think only Expander, Dropstuff and Deluxe have that option so there is no need to deal with the others.

I believe DropZip and DropTar apply if you are using 8.0+. For 9.0+, those 2 are gone.
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

1/12
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

davedit wrote:
Tobsen wrote:Is your Server blocking some ISPs?

Hmm, I have no idea. It's just some free web space that a friend gave me, hosted out of Texas I believe. I'll have to ask my friend to see if he knows... :(

He doesn't really know either. His best guess is the .tk domain name. Apparently this has given problems to a lot of ISPs...
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

1/13