Can't access Hotmail in Camino nor Safari but Firefox works

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

rocketmouse

Can't access Hotmail in Camino nor Safari but Firefox works

Post by rocketmouse »

When I try to access Hotmail from Camino I get "Windows Live Hotmail wasn't able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report" followed by a box with a link "Try to return to Windows Live Hotmail." There *is* no way to report and trying to return is futile as it comes back with the same page. I checked the service from the Hotmail Help Center and it appears to be running. When I try to connect from Safari I get "You tried to visit by107fd.bay107.hotmail.msn.com, which is not loading." I also tried using Firefox, and it works!
How would I go about troubleshooting this problem in Camino? I have Camino 2.0.7 running in OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard on an original MacBook (1,1 Intel Core Duo.)
MacBook Pro (model 5,1; 4G RAM; 750G HD; Intel 64-bit mode)
MacBook (model 1,1; 2G RAM; 500G HD; Intel 32-bit)
Access to iBook G4 (model 6,5; 768MB RAM; 30G HD; PowerPC)
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Can't access Hotmail in Camino nor Safari but Firefox wo

Post by cflawson »

Offhand, I'd guess some sort of cookie problem, since one browser works and others don't. Try clearing all Hotmail cookies in the browsers that aren't working and see if that has any effect.

cl
rocketmouse

Post by rocketmouse »

cflawson wrote:Offhand, I'd guess some sort of cookie problem, since one browser works and others don't. Try clearing all Hotmail cookies in the browsers that aren't working and see if that has any effect.

cl
In Camino, removing the cookies (live.com, live, and msn) had the effect of getting me a sign-in page. But once I was signed in the same page as before came up - i.e. "Try to return..." the URL is https://snt101.mail.live.com/BrowserSup ... n=37471810
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

I've seen a couple of other reports like that in the past few weeks. For one person, clearing both hotmail/MS cookies and clearing the browser cache helped.

BTW, worth trying to upgrade to the recently posted Camino 2.1b. It might help as well - I'm not sure what policy Hotmail follows regarding browser support.
rocketmouse

Post by rocketmouse »

phiw13 wrote:I've seen a couple of other reports like that in the past few weeks. For one person, clearing both hotmail/MS cookies and clearing the browser cache helped.

BTW, worth trying to upgrade to the recently posted Camino 2.1b. It might help as well - I'm not sure what policy Hotmail follows regarding browser support.
Thank you! Clearing cookies and the cache didn't help, but installing the Camino beta did.