Camino Fullscreen on External Monitor

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

erix009

Camino Fullscreen on External Monitor

Post by erix009 »

Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble with an issue. Running Camino on my MBP and my 24 inch external monitor, is it possible to keep the window that's streaming NFL Game Pass in fullscreen on the external monitor whilst using other windows to view other websites on my MBP? Every time I activate live stream fullscreen on the external monitor, then move back across to the MBP and click on camino, it resizes the external monitor size taking it out of fullscreen mode.

Any settings or work around would be appreciated.
RPMozley

Re: Camino Fullscreen on External Monitor

Post by RPMozley »

Unfortunately, I suspect, that the full screen mode is being controlled by the flash player plug-in. So when you switch to a different window Flash simply thinks you've stopped watching in full screen.
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
erix009

Post by erix009 »

RPMozley wrote:Unfortunately, I suspect, that the full screen mode is being controlled by the flash player plug-in. So when you switch to a different window Flash simply thinks you've stopped watching in full screen.

That does appear to be the case. I've searched far and wide and it all points back to Adobe.

Thanks.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

FWIW, that's a known bug in Flash, although I don't recall what the current status of it is. Adobe's bug system is rather less transparent than it ought to be :-\

cl