A "dock" puzzlement (Tiger)

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

blanchesdad

A "dock" puzzlement (Tiger)

Post by blanchesdad »

Just re-noticed something that I've been puzzled over for quite awhile, and hope one of you may know *where* I can find whatever file I need to delete or pref I need to tweak to fix this.

Using Tiger, still in the G4 world. Puzzled by the fact that when I click/hold on the Camino icon in the dock, not only is there the usual list of commands, but also a list of past pages visited, which seems to be based on number of views. Haven't visited some of these in over a year, yet they still show up. Deleting history in Camino does nothing, trashing dock prefs does nothing. No pref in the standard Camino prefs address just where or how these pages are stored.

Anyone have any idea how I can clear this list, and prevent it from doing what it's doing and storing more page names? Don't like the idea of browsing history that can't be deleted being available by clicking on the Camino icon in the dock! many thanks.
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Re: A "dock" puzzlement (Tiger)

Post by Uncle Asad »

That is (by default) the Top 10 list, your 10 most frequently-visited *bookmarks*. Bookmark visit counts can be cleared individually (in the "Visits" tab of the Bookmark Info panel) or in the "toss-the-baby-with-the-bathwater" Reset Camino.

In your case, however, the best option might be to simply select some other bookmark folder as the Top 10 list (although the Top 10 list collection in the Bookmarks manager will still exist; it just won't appear in the Dock).

There's an open bug about making it easier to clear the Top 10 list, too.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
blanchesdad

Post by blanchesdad »

Ah, thank you for the suggestion. took me a minute to figure out how to point the dock menu to a blank folder, but that works just fine. I read through the bug report, and the whole "top ten" thing does seem rather silly. I didn't even know it was there, and i've been using Camino since before "1.0"!
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

It really pays to pop in and read some of these threads once in a while, as I (who is also 10.4.11 -- G4) didn't even know about any of that. Most interesting. :wink: