Customize pop-up blocking?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

neilio

Customize pop-up blocking?

Post by neilio »

Hi, all -

Is there any way to customize the pop-up blocking functionality of Chimera? I would like to allow pop-ups for a small number of sites, but can't figure out any way to do this...

Thanks!
Slumming at the beatnikPad : http://www.beatnikpad.com/
VGZ

Post by VGZ »

I'm interested in this as well. Does Mozilla have this functionallity and if so in which file does it store the sites that can pop-up windows? If we knew how to do it by editing one of the files in the profile folder it would be a nice first step. Currently Chimera itself has no way of setting this up but *should* be able to do custom blocking if it is supported in Mozilla 1.0 and it has the file with the settings in its profiles folder.
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.
egoham

Post by egoham »

I have not seen it in the latest Mozilla.

The current release of Netscape 7.01 for OSX does offer "exceptions" to the pop-up blocking.

I moved to Chimera when it was 0.5 and have almost totally gotten away from IE 5.2.2.

I to would like to customize the pop-up blocking.

The all or none decision is a hard call to make.

I've been d/l the nightly builds for over a month, however there is so much to check out.
Regards,
Ed

PM G5 • 2.7GHz DP (PCI-X) • 5GB • 500GB x2 • Mac OS X 10.5.8
PB G4 • 1.25GHz • 2GB • 80GB • Mac OS X 10.5.8
VGZ

Post by VGZ »

Found out Mozilla can do it using the same method as blocking images from a specific domain. It requires a third true/false setting in the cookperm file. The first sets acceptance of cookies, the second images, and the third is pop-up blocking. Unfortunately Chimera just ignores it. >.<
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.