Reproducible crash w/ 2.1b2 when printing a specific webpage

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

manuchao

Reproducible crash w/ 2.1b2 when printing a specific webpage

Post by manuchao »

When trying to print: http://www.platinumsearch.co/uncategori ... -effective , Camino 2.1b2 (1.9.2.22 20110908113701) under Snow Leopard 10.6.8 crashes 100% reproducibly on my computer. Other pages print fine. The crash happens when I hit 'Print' or 'Preview' in the dialogue box. It occurs with all printers I have tried. It also occurs with when starting Camino with 'Troubleshoot Camino'.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Reproducible crash w/ 2.1b2 when printing a specific web

Post by cflawson »

Can you file a bug and then attach a crash log to the bug you file?

cl
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

cflawson wrote:Can you file a bug and then attach a crash log to the bug you file?

No need to do that here; sadly, it's bug 534672. When you said it involved printing and provided the URL, it was easy to find your crash reports among those submitted for that crash.

(Generally, if you do have a reproducible crash, go to about:crashes, get the IDs of the crashes in question, and look at those crash reports to see if they identify an existing bug which sounds like it describes what you were doing when you crashed. If they do match, then there's nothing else to do; if not, file a new bug and provide the crash report IDs--there's even a "Report this crash" link on the crash reports to make this easy. And if you're not sure if existing bugs referenced in the crash report match your crash, ask.)

Unfortunately, that's an OS bug that Apple had no intention of fixing on 10.6 :-(
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
manuchao

Post by manuchao »

Thanks, didn't know about "about:crashes". I had scoured Console for a crash report but could not find anything regarding this set of crashes.
Don't know if this is the best approach but before filing a bug, I like to check here whether others can reproduce it (or even know a solution/workaround). I feel this is more productive than filing possible duplicate bug reports. Obviously, if needed, I do file bug reports.